Prometheus

Have you seen it?

I didn't know anything about it. Rented it, watched it. Epic fucking troll! Seriously, I loved this movie to death. The whole thing, right from the get go, was a comedy. The genius: you didn't know it was a comedy until BAM! The punch line. You saw it coming the whole time, but no, suspension of disbelief told you this was just another bad Hollywood knockoff. Then it delivered, exactly what you were expecting the whole time but didn't want to believe ^-^

My wife was uber pissed; I laughed my ass off. Honestly, I loved it, being a fan of a good anticlimactic joke. Sad thing is, I don't think it was meant to be funny XD

So, have you seen it?
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Jesus was an alien.
You mean to tell me that was Super Star, Raptor Christ!? *Head asplode even more* This movie just keeps getting better!
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
His death was the reason.
"
CanHasPants wrote:
My wife was uber pissed; I laughed my ass off. Honestly, I loved it, being a fan of a good anticlimactic joke. Sad thing is, I don't think it was meant to be funny XD
If the final scene didn't tip you off, it was actually supposed to be an Alien-prequel. Though I think it's more a movie set in the Alien-universe, and not a direct sequel. I enjoy it, but it could have been much, much better. But after an Alien-movie set entirely on Earth and still receiving a Teen-rating, I've pretty much given up all hope for a decent horror movie. Promotheus was just another nail in the coffin for the Alien franchise, sadly. :(
"And that's how you die properly, sailor boy."
(The Witch)
+ 1 to Exiledude.

I enjoyed the movie, chose to ignore the connection. That is all.

PS: Its Science fiction not the gospel.
"How would you like it if I snuck into your country and did this job over there... and not cash in any of your friggin checks?!! You WONT!! Because you will be right here!!" - Master Shake.
You hear that damn noise they made during all the commercials and trailers....thats the entire reason I DIDNT see it...I thought they would be playing that the entire movie, and I have to fly to hollywood and burn down an entire city for being assholes!
'It is good to contact a moderator if you feel someone is being a twat' Charan, Forum Moderator

Sometimes, we have to cross a ditch.
Sometimes, we have to cross an ocean.-Rhys, GGG
I like science fiction too much to enjoy most science fiction movies.

Here is the biggest problem I had with the movie:

They landed their ship, which carried them between stars, on the surface of the planet. -.-

That bitch stays in orbit. You don't land your freaking starship on the surface of an alien planet.

Thats what shuttles are for.
"
Zalm wrote:
You hear that damn noise they made during all the commercials and trailers....thats the entire reason I DIDNT see it...I thought they would be playing that the entire movie, and I have to fly to hollywood and burn down an entire city for being assholes!

Let's see...

1. They made three new Transformers-movies so far, and a fourth one are in production - without the actual Transformers.
2. They ruined Indiana Jones.
3. They ruined Star Wars.
4. We are getting a Ninja Turtles-movie... most likely with alien turtles. WTF?
5. They ruined "I am Legend" by missing the point entirely.
6. Same with Wolf Man.
7. They ruined Die Hard by making John McClane a wimp.
8. They ruined Independence Day (sending a computer virus to an alien mothership? Seriously?)
9. They ruined Child's Play...
10. ... and don't get me started on Godzilla.

Want to burn down Hollywood? Maybe I'll join you. Lol.
"And that's how you die properly, sailor boy."
(The Witch)
I am willing to admit I had nearly a whole fifth of Old Grandad 100 in me when I wrote that. Looking back I refuse to admit I didn't like the movie, but part of me still feels obligated to share... Intoxication was the reason I did.
Devolving Wilds
Land

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info