Need help deciding class...

I'll try to be as specific as I can be about my playstyle.

Basically I want one that can do damage while not having a problem living.

I am also the kind of person who does not like managing many different skills, I don't mine having a few different skills to use (or a few buffs to throw on my character), but I don't like characters that consist of throwing around totems or traps along with more traditional combat.

I like more simplified characters where I can maybe use a few buffs, then manage 2-3 offensive skills for 99% of combat situations.

I also tend to play solo more often than in a group.

I like not having to chance around any enemies that run, but generally prefer melee combat, though a good ranged build that fits the above bill is definitely something I would be interested in.

That being said, what sort of classes would you guys suggest I try out?

So far the elemental bow ranger build I've tried out is pretty decent. It has great damage and decent survivability (due to kill speed), but as I do not have life leech yet (just started playing again after many months) I do need to be pretty mindful of what is getting into attack range and kite bosses and the like. Though I am only level 9, so this could change drastically.
~IGN: Nagisan
Marauder, Duelist or Templar seem the obvious starts.

However as any class can do anything you like, it really doesn't matter a terrible deal.
うにゅ?
I would suggest trying a Crit ES shadow build. It's quite fun to play with. It's what I'm rocking right now. The Damage is great with high crit builds but you'll need to be quick with the flasks to say alive :P
I'll try to be as specific as I can be about my playstyle.

Basically I want one that can do damage while not having a problem living.

lol..

Try a marauder and spec heavy into life regen / life. also pick up some damage nodes of your weapon choice. As nuclear said. Class doesn't really matter tou can pretty much do anything with anyone.
Smoother than Smooth.
Last edited by Moist on Dec 11, 2012, 10:48:37 AM
Yea right, wouldn't a ground slam Marauder be best? You don't have to think too hard and you can do good AoE damage and also tank plenty with high armour and Health
Watch me stream games at www.mixer.com/therealgaffer
Wasn't ground slam nerfed? Or is it just not overpowered anymore?

I think marauder would be best, I really like having lots of regen, I don't like survivability that relies on life leech (as it takes time to find decent equipment with leech) though leech to provide spike healing along with regen is probably best, I just don't like builds that completely ignore regen.
~IGN: Nagisan
Using a shield will also help you survive the higher difficulties.
RIP Bolto

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info