Is anyone familar with kickstarter and amazon?

I created a kickstarter project today and made an amazon payments account but they restricted my account on amazon for whatever reason and I can figure out why.

In an email I received they said this:

"Greetings from Amazon Payments:

We appreciate your use of Amazon Payments. Unfortunately, we have been unable to confirm your account information. This may be because you failed to respond to our past requests for more information or we could not confirm the additional information you gave us.

In either case, we are now required to restrict your Amazon Payments account features.

Please sign in to your account and contact us should you have any questions about our need to take this action.

- The Amazon Payments Team"

and on amazon when I try to do anything with my tax information I get this error message:

"This functionality has been disabled on your account. We have failed in verifying the information submitted by you. Click Here to find out more about these restrictions."

I'm totally new to this whole thing, but maybe someone has been here before and knows what I need to do? or what mistake I need to fix?

P.S. I'm in the US
I would definitely give their customer support a call. Sometimes things glitch, mess up, etc. Paypal did something similar to me, and I had to stay on the phone for two hours with them! Hopefully Amazon won't be as much of a pain for you. I have a friend who is in the middle of a Kickstarter campaign, and I'll ask her to see if she has any advice to add. :)
"
we have been unable to confirm your account information
sticks out to me. I don't remember if Amazon Payments specifically did this for me, but with several online payment things I've needed to "confirm" that I actually own the account being used by waiting for them to make a couple of very small charges to it and then reporting back to them exactly how many cents each was for, thus showing I can see the account statement. If I didn't provide that information back to them they assume something fishy's going on. Usually such things in my experience are only done once when you first sign up, so I don't know if that's applicable to you, but from the quoted text I'd guess it's some process like that which needs completed (or at least, they think it does - they may have screwed up and forgotten it was already done of something.
thanks for the replies guys.

I did notice an email from amazon about verifying information that i didnt see at first.

It said to take these steps:

"1. Sign in to your Amazon Payments account.
2. Click the Edit My Account Settings link at the top of the page.
3. Click Verify My Account Information and submit the requested information."

I am assuming this is why my account got restricted? If so it won't let me change or add any information right now. I already emailed amazon support but if there is a quick fix I wish to know it.

I also don't know if my kickstarter account is visible to others for them to pledge money to my project, because if i cant get my amazon payments account unrestricted i dont see a point since that is the only way i believe i can get the funds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info