Serious question about how the mind works

Okay people, I need your help, to try and figure myself out.

Path of Exile

I love a lot of things about the game but I also hate as much or more.

The game inspires me, I come up with ideas on how I would like the game to be, on things I would like to change.

But of course, those concepts only remain in my mind and whenever I return to the game, I see that things are not the way I want them to be and I get frustrated.

I become pretty much an annoying broken record who just keeps telling the devs "you should do this and that differently, no thats not good, add this, remove that"

This kind of behavior is toxic for both the devs and me.

The easy solution to this problem is "just play another game"

But that doesn't work for me, I just can't do it. Maybe it could be compared to a couple having relationship issues and not being able to divorce. There is a certain level of comfort when sticking to something, while it is repelling to try something new.

I'm trying to understand why, instead of wishing to find something different, I wish to change what I know. Why do I don't want to play something else than PoE...
POE is just a game. A game that a group of individuals spent a large chunk of their lives creating. A game that has brought together a community of like minded individuals that have given their support, input and feedback. A game that can be enjoyed at your own pace with plenty of scope for re-playability that has been made available worldwide for free.

But it is still just a game, a distraction to the ordinary in a normal day to day existence.

My advice is to enjoy the game for what it is.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

Breaking news! Hardlicker not being grumpy! Gives intelligent answer without being sarcastic!

Spoiler
the crowd bursts into applause!
POE is your abusive significant other.... psychologically you are feeling like you deserve what you get even though overtly you resent it and feel ashamed. You must learn to respect yourself more and understand you deserve better if the cycle of abuse is to change.

That will be $600 please... your next session is February 29th, 2016 .. hang in there.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
"
Hardlicker wrote:

"
Pavshaus wrote:

"
cronk wrote:

Thanks a lot for the advice my friends!

"
That will be $600 please... your next session is February 29th, 2016...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info