Dual wielding melee skills - with two different base weapon types

Hi I have a question about skills such as leap slam (skills that cannot be used with a dagger, but can be used with an axe or visa versa) when holding an axe + a dagger:

• 1. When you are dual weilding with leap slam, and you attack, is only your axes damage applied or is it a combination
  • 2. Do you still retain the inherent 10% attack speed buff from dual weilding if you only have 1 weapon of the two that allows you to use the skill, such as with infernal blow or viper strike when you only attack with 1 hand
  • 3. Is your damage still increased from dual weild passives using one of these skills (that are only available from 1 weapon type & not both)
  • 4. Do any of the above answers differ from how they are actually meant to work
- Leap Slam (and a variety of other attacks) only use your main hand for damage.
- Yes, you get the 10% more aspd on all attacks.
- I assume that you get the damage increases.
- I don't think so...
"
pneuma wrote:
- Leap Slam (and a variety of other attacks) only use your main hand for damage.
- Yes, you get the 10% more aspd on all attacks.
- I assume that you get the damage increases.
- I don't think so...
Thank you, I think this explains why I couldnt use leap slam while I was holding my dagger in my main hand. (Assuming all the answers you gave me are correct) I was hoping for an answer like this.

4. Was mainly so that I didnt create a build that somehow got nerfed later because it wasnt meant to work in that way.
Last edited by Metronomy on Dec 10, 2012, 3:45:26 AM
"
Metronomy wrote:
1. When you are dual weilding with leap slam, and you attack, is only your axes damage applied or is it a combination
To be clear, it wouldn't be a combination even if you had two axes. Dual wielding alternates weapons, it does not hit with both together. There are only two exceptions to this - dual strike, because that's the entire special thing of the skill, and cleave, because it got animated that way and we had to change it to match, which is why it has to have a damage penalty when dual wielding.

The bonuses for dual wielding (attack speed, other bonuses from passives) may or may not be changed in the future at some point to not function for specific skills if you couldn't use those skills with one of your weapons, but this has not been specifically decided as something we'll do, and would be very hard to implement. We're not particularly unhappy with how it works currently.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Dual wielding alternates weapons, it does not hit with both together. There are only two exceptions to this - dual strike ... and cleave

Leap Slam and Ground Slam, at the very least, only use the same hand in their attack animation (and I believe for their damage, though my testing on this was rough). Noticed this while dual wielding 1h maces.
Yes, there are specific skills (Double Strike, Leap Slam, Ground Slam are I think the only ones currently) that specifically can only attack with the main hand weapon. They explicitly say so in the skill description.
I was talking about the general case of dual-wielding in that post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info