Great Game but

Ok I Love the game, but what i do not like is the social aspect of the game. What I would like to see is something similiar to Diablo 2, go into a lobby like and make a game and be able to see other games,you know something similiar to D2, besides that I love everything else, just need to work on that aspect instead of looking at at noticeoard? They get the lobby aspect of this game down this game will really take off. Just my thought :). Also is thre going to be open pvp, world pvp like D2?
The choice to use a shared town, inspired by Guild Wars 1, was likely to facilitate the showing off of cosmetic microtransactions.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
donovb wrote:
Also is thre going to be open pvp, world pvp like D2?

If GGG makes the Cutthroat league a permanent league, then it will be possible that PoE will have a world PvP like D2.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 8, 2012, 7:30:27 PM
It took me awhile to even realise those were real people... I guess i just kept reading names i thought were fake other characters to give town a feeling of being populated..

some even invited me then never talked.. n i was like.. wtf.. is this a bot following me. he even played weird like one.
Smoother than Smooth.
I agree that the social aspect of actual character interaction is void at the moment, other than the occasional times I or someone else likes to do figure 8s around other characters in a town.

Perhaps the team could make so that town (or lobby, if they are designed) instances are numbered or named and let players be able to manually join or create one of the numbers.

A way I could see this working is by adding a "Lobbies" tab to the Noticeboard/Social screen that works much like a combination of Public Parties and area instance management screen interfaces.

You could name the lobby, set it to public or private (takes it off the public list with the option of a password), and set the location. For locations I suppose they could use towns and PvP arenas, unless they'd rather make entirely new areas.

This would give it a very nice pre-StarCraft 2 Battle.net feel to it that I'm sure many of us know and reminisce about.
same name in-game
Last edited by iao on Dec 8, 2012, 7:58:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info