Possible instant death bug

Am not talking about the "Suicide hot key" :)

Basically here is a run down of what happens:

I am fighting some random enemies (2 or 3), I kill them all. Then 5 seconds or so later I die.
My Energy shield is at full, my health just goes to 0 a couple of seconds after the enemies all die and while I am looting the items. I have around 230 health.

** First I thought it was because I was specced into Chaos Innoculation and somehow was getting 1 shot. But even after I respecced out of it this happens.

** I checked the enemies for reflect damage, nothing like that. If it was something like a puncture then it shouldnt have caused me instant death after I specced out of CI should it?

** One of the players suggested I change one of the flasks I had due to some effect it had (cant remember what it was) but even doing so this had happened a few times.

I understand it could be a possible latency issue as i play around 60-100ms, this has happened more than a few times now, about 4 times to be exact and i managed to succefully even reproduce this effect once. I was just running around with 2-3 enemies and then right after I kill them few seconds later I drop dead.

This has only so far happened near the act 2 starting areas.

So ya thought i might as well report it here.

Do you have a mana flask with the 'caustic' prefix? If so when you press that flask to recover mana, it removes life with the bonus of more mana gained. With only 1 health...well you know what that means...
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
Well it could be caused by some delay, like you might have notice some times when your fighting your loosing health but your not doing any damage, its cause your client shows you in another place other than where you actually are. If its not this there may be a flask like Max said such as Caustic that will kill you instantly if you have CI or if you have a skill with blood magic and CI that will also kill you instantly.
As Max had suggested, it was a flask with the caustic prefex that i had replaced as a player had suggested when i initially had the problem. It still happened after that so i think we can rule it out.

After I left that area (Cross roads area in act 2) i have not faced this issue yet.

Matt i think you are probably right, it might be as you say with some dealy with the client.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info