Tempest Shield

Tempest Shield works like an aura, in that you activate it, reserving mana, remove it from your skill bar, and forget it.

Can it be changed to travel from zone to zone like auras do as well please?
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
asked and answered several times.

its has something to do with the way that the skill works at the back end.

B.
The Preceding message contains discretion.
Viewer nudity is advised.
Bumping this to bring Tempest Shield's random disabling problem some more attention. If it's a back-end issue, then the skill should be reworked at the back-end to fix this. Not only is it annoying across zones to have to re-enable the Tempest Shield, but it also sometimes turns itself off when a gem levels up, which can actually be dangerous.
"
ineffablebob wrote:
Bumping this to bring Tempest Shield's random disabling problem some more attention. If it's a back-end issue, then the skill should be reworked at the back-end to fix this. Not only is it annoying across zones to have to re-enable the Tempest Shield, but it also sometimes turns itself off when a gem levels up, which can actually be dangerous.

Then let's talk about other issues.

PvP, builds that run more than one or two auras are extremely vulnerable at the start of each round since you have to recast all of your auras.

If GGG doesn't intend to fix this, then they should just remove auras if they hate them so much.
"
Honestly, I hope they remove the ability to take anything off of your slotted skill bar and still have it considered active.

If that's ever going to happen, we'll need at least twelve slots, if not more.

My aura build plans on running 11 auras, along with three curses. So this would essentially kill that build.
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Honestly, I hope they remove the ability to take anything off of your slotted skill bar and still have it considered active.

My aura build plans on running 11 auras, along with three curses. So this would essentially kill that build.

Agreed. I think it's clear from back when GGG did the aura overhaul (including passive tree changes) that they want to allow players to use lots of auras, as long as they make a suitable investment in terms of passives. Clogging up the action bar for the sake of 'balance' is bad design, as it just pushes people further down the boring path of spamming one active skill while everything else is automated.

One obvious solution for the PvP issue would be to allow players to activate auras and self-buffs in town or some other safe space. Maybe also allow them to be activated without cancelling the grace period you get on entering a new area.

As for the issues with Tempest Shield, it's better than it used to be - now it usually stays active when you move from one zone to another, which was apparently impossible with the old implementation (hence the OP). Hopefully the other times when it switches off will eventually be fixed to bring it in line with auras. I don't think it's intended that it gets switched off whenever a gem in your shield levels up, for instance, it's just a consequence of the implementation. (I think what's happening is that your shield is briefly un-equipped, and Tempest Shield is not allowed to be active while you have no shield equipped, so it automatically switches off.)
"
Incompetent wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
"

Agreed. I think it's clear from back when GGG did the aura overhaul (including passive tree changes) that they want to allow players to use lots of auras, as long as they make a suitable investment in terms of passives. Clogging up the action bar for the sake of 'balance' is bad design, as it just pushes people further down the boring path of spamming one active skill while everything else is automated.

One obvious solution for the PvP issue would be to allow players to activate auras and self-buffs in town or some other safe space. Maybe also allow them to be activated without cancelling the grace period you get on entering a new area.

As for the issues with Tempest Shield, it's better than it used to be - now it usually stays active when you move from one zone to another, which was apparently impossible with the old implementation (hence the OP). Hopefully the other times when it switches off will eventually be fixed to bring it in line with auras. I don't think it's intended that it gets switched off whenever a gem in your shield levels up, for instance, it's just a consequence of the implementation. (I think what's happening is that your shield is briefly un-equipped, and Tempest Shield is not allowed to be active while you have no shield equipped, so it automatically switches off.)

99% agreed.

Even if we are allowed to cast auras during a grace period, a Spectral Throw CoC build can be throwing their weapon at you and the moment it ends you'll have a billion spells coming at you.

The auras and buffs should remain active, even through death in a PvP area, as running all sorts of auras would leave you useless and vulnerable during that short period.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info