Question regarding Life leech and CI

Hey there!

I'm currently thinking of a build with loads of life leech. I'm planning using CI, Ghost Reaver and vaal pact. If I recall correctly, one can life leech with a maximum of 20% of my maximum life, but since I'm using CI, does it still cap at 20% of my maximum life (which I would otherwise have without the CI) or is it now 20% of my Energy shield?

Thanks! :)
I don't make skills
IGN: ProMotion, Suicideos
It is capped by maximum ES when you use CI, but it is not 20% of max ES per hit, but 20% of ES regenerated per second through lifeleech (/ES-leech), so you can theoretically get from 1% to 100% Life/ES with one strike when you use Vaal Pact.
Thanks for your answer Victo. :)

Did not know that while using Vaal Pact you would bypass the 20% max life leech. Now I just can't decide if I should use (DW)claws or (DW)swords. Claws are awesome, but there are no AOE melee attack while using claws - I think?
I don't make skills
You could use whirling blades and lightning strike - but the latter cuts your leech in half (except for the sup-gem) because of its conversion effect.

E: And both use only one hand if that is important to you. If you want to use swords for cleave the question is if you can leech enough life/es with swords to make vaal pact worth the investment - I didn't test that yet.
Last edited by Victo on Dec 4, 2012, 12:22:31 PM
My plan with 2x swords (with Life Leech) is using Warlords Mark + Blood Rage + Cleave (with Life on hit Support). The "Swings both Swords when using Cleave" is what made me want to that route. Maybe I should go with a shield.

Not even sure if going CI + Ghost Reaver is even worth it. I lose a lot of offensive point this way. I basicly got these 3x builds:

2x swords (maybe 1 swords + shield):

2x swords (no CI and GR):

2x claws:
I don't make skills

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info