Open beta (character reset)?

I've searched for this topic, but have found nothing.

When PoE enters open beta, will the characters we make during it get reset on full release, or will the remain existent?
Yes, you will only keep the character names and any stuff bought with money (extra stash tabs - only the tabs, not the stuff in them ;) all items will be deleted (only exception are demigods amulets which are awarded for the winners of ladder races) and charactres set to lvl 1)

EDIT: the wipe at the start of the open beta will be the last wipe.
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Dec 3, 2012, 11:48:34 AM
I'm a lil confused, sorry.

So once open beta ends, everything is reset to lvl 1 pretty much? Or only stuff pre-open beta is reset back to lvl 1? Thanks for quick reply :)
Nothing you achieve in open beta will be touched - your current closed beta stuff will get wiped when open beta starts (sometime this month)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
Current OB success:
Do you really believe nothing will be touched after OB launches?

The game isn't even final, it's not completely balanced, you seriously believe nothing will be touched?

I would be *incredibly* surprised if nothing gets touched. In fact, I would expect nothing less than things being affected after OB hits.

People need to be realistic here, things aren't perfect, they are subject to change. You may keep your character and the vast majority of their items, but don't be surprised of some items DO get changed or even removed, or you get passive resets.
since they stated they will not wipe anymore(havent seen one in the time i am in closed beta), they can still migrate. and skillpointresets are necessary if they change the layout of the tree.
openbeta is most likely the same as release except they have some safety in law aspects if they would have to wipe cuz of some unforseen problems or if someone wants to stop them migrating characters.
"
Flab wrote:
Do you really believe nothing will be touched after OB launches?

The game isn't even final, it's not completely balanced, you seriously believe nothing will be touched?

I would be *incredibly* surprised if nothing gets touched. In fact, I would expect nothing less than things being affected after OB hits.

People need to be realistic here, things aren't perfect, they are subject to change. You may keep your character and the vast majority of their items, but don't be surprised of some items DO get changed or even removed, or you get passive resets.

Yes nothing will be touched was a bit over the top... sorry for that, but there will certainly be no wipes (so items and character levels will never dissapear ;))
Current OB success:
You will likely see passive skill resets after Open Beta, since I am sure GGG aren't done playing with the Skilldrasil.

GGG is still committed to Open Beta's advent being the last true character wipe.

The OP has his answer. Flab, please don't turn simple threads with straight-forward answers into your personal soapbox. Thanks. :)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Thank you all for your responses, helped clear everything up :) Now just to wait til OB comes out :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info