Need feedback on my Pillar of the Caged God build please [SC]

Current build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwB5wUtEuEUIBRNGS4aOBpVG_ol3yftKaUt0jGeMgk1kjboOlI62DrhPC1AoEGHRmlKyE4qUEdXDVivWfNaUmBLYSFko2qTbEZuaW6qcmxyqXTteA1673y7fNmDOITZhO-HKYjxkFWRzptdnrmezZ_LogCkGaZXpzCnhKiaqWipbqxZrKq18rZBtz653b6KvqfAD8AaxPbFisau0iHSTdSP1e3ZYedj7DjvDu988B_yL_JF8pf3vvno_go=

I still have some points from my previous spec as a spectral throw user, which I'm speccing out of due to the lack of high level support gems compatible with it. I began resetting points out of that spec after I got an Abyssus last night.

Planned build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwB5wUtEuEUIBRNGS4aOBpVG_ol3yftKaUt0jGeMgk1kjboOtg64UCgRmlKyE4qUEdXDVivYEthIWSjbEZuaW6qcmxyqXTteA1673y7fNmE2YTvhymI8ZBVkc6euZ7NogCkGaZXpzCnhKloqW6sWayqtfK53b6KvqfFitIh1I_ZYedj7DjvDvAf8i_yRfe-_gpZ88Aa51JUSV8_W69lTUd-3Q38xWegh3ZKfb68guSQEYqvn8s6s5AK0k3AD7T5gzjvfNXtapO2QQ==

I take the 18% resistance nodes close to the beginning because I'm anticipating my gear choices will be restricted due to my having to use accessories that give high physical damage over resistance or life. I'm resetting some str nodes I used for pathing to the left after the scion life cluster (this build was adapted from the most popular ST build) and using them to get more life nodes and critical damage reduction nodes so I don't randomly get one hit from crits due to the increased amount of damage I take because of my Abyssus.

Also, should I use ground slam or double strike?

Double strike 5l setup:
Added fire + melee phys + faster attacks + melee splash + double strike

Ground slam setup:
Added fire + melee phys + faster attacks + multistrike + ground slam

Finally, is my gear setup I'm planning on getting suitable for endgame content?

Final gear setup I'm currently working on:
Hat:

Body:

I plan to have auras (purity + hatred) on my body armor, since it'll be a pain to get the large amount of offcolor slots my gem set up needs.

Accessories:
Generic phys/resist/life ones

Belt:
Meginord's Girdle

Weapon:
5L Pillar of the Caged God

Shoes:
Generic movement speed + resist + life

Gloves:
Currently using a slitherpinch for mana leech, planning on getting phys + increased attack speed
Last edited by empressaria on Nov 4, 2013, 9:11:46 PM
up
I dont know if u know but the 16% dmg per 10 str is local, as in it only affects the weapon. So the scaling on the other physiscal dmg gear will not scale with it. gl with the build!
"
DeadFrogs wrote:
I dont know if u know but the 16% dmg per 10 str is local, as in it only affects the weapon. So the scaling on the other physiscal dmg gear will not scale with it. gl with the build!

That was fixed. Put an iron ring on and take an iron ring off while using Pillar. You'll see.
"
sunderkeenin wrote:
"
DeadFrogs wrote:

That was fixed. Put an iron ring on and take an iron ring off while using Pillar. You'll see.

yeah at the moment you put on the ring it adds 1-4 phys dmg to your attacks(depending on ring) but it wont increase it.it would only benefit from it if u have high attack speed.
foxshade is never worth using, get either str/life chest or a unique chest, and for boots look for an 18% alberons
ign: reidan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info