Burning Arrow Build

Hello,

since the announcement of the Scion starting in the middle of the tree and the return of Avator of Fire I thought about creating a Burning Arrow Scion that utilizes Blackgleam and AoF that ignites all enemies.

My current build is ( I already respecced the burning damage nodes!):

Current build

I tried the following combination: Burning Arrow + LMP + Chance to Ignite + Elemental Proliferation (no 5L yet)

However, the result wasn't too overhelming. While this was also due to lack of gear, it also bothered me of using 2 support gems just for the ignition as well as LMP for the spreading. Then I thought about this: Split Arrow + Faster Attacks + Weapon Elemental Damage + Fire Penetration. Due to 100% Fire Damage, WED and FP are quite a strong combination.

The damage was certainly higher, I really liked the idea to ignite everything. On the other hand, I usually play in a group and people got annoyed of chasing every mob (with the exception of undead) due to the fleeing effect that burning causes.

What I'm wondering: Should I take the burning nodes again and return to the original idea which would be: Burning Arrow + Chance to Ignite + LMP + Elemental Prolifaration + WED/Faster Attacks/Fire Penetration or should I stick with Split Arrow + FA + WED + FP + Mana Leech (5L in reach)? Or is there another good combination that utilizes the fact that I deal 100% Fire Damage?

Currently I'm aiming for this build:

Final build

But like I said, I really loved the idea of the burning thing.

Best regards and thx in advance
IGN: Savitree
Sorry I can't help you, but maybe you can help me instead. I don't understand the appeal of Avatar of Fire. Imagine I have 80 phys dmg, 10 cold and 10 lightning. A total of 100. I then grab AoF, which converts half of each into fire damage: 40 from phys + 5 from cold + 5 from lightning = 50. And I deal no other damage, so now I have half the damage that I started with. To get any benefit from this I would have to then find a way to boost my fire damage by well over 100%, because boosting it by 100% is just breaking even. How would I even do this?

I don't really see the point of this keystone. Am I missing something?
Last edited by Roenie on Nov 24, 2013, 9:20:47 PM
"
Roenie wrote:
Sorry I can't help you, but maybe you can help me instead. I don't understand the appeal of Avatar of Fire. Imagine I have 80 phys dmg, 10 cold and 10 lightning. A total of 100. I then grab AoF, which converts half of each into fire damage: 40 from phys + 5 from cold + 5 from lightning = 50. And I deal no other damage, so now I have half the damage that I started with. To get any benefit from this I would have to then find a way to boost my fire damage by well over 100%, because boosting it by 100% is just breaking even. How would I even do this?

I don't really see the point of this keystone. Am I missing something?

The idea is to maximise your fire damage, combined with +% fire mods. It's just for a specific build, not for maximising DPS in general; you're aiming to get your DPS from fire. Combined with lots of -fire res / fire pen and you'll have some nice DPS output.

@SheldonQuantenphysik (nice name btw): Sorry, I don't have an answer to this. But I am interested to see how it works out, as I am contemplating the viability of non-Lightning Arrow arrow skills.
Wouldn't one's main focus be on physical damage, and its conversion to fire?
On an other note IAS and crits are going to be viable for this build, because my fire arrow scion is basically all nodes on the right side of the starting point for scion. At level 68 I will have a more accurate dps for my build but at the moment with a 5L my burning arrow does just under 6k dps. I still need some Levels and correct gear to get the crits im looking for. At the moment my crit chance is only 30%.

Burning arrow-Added Fire damage-LMP-Faster Attack-Elemental Weapon Damage

Most of my nodes are physical damage, second life, third eva.
Last edited by Raging_Moogle on Feb 9, 2014, 9:24:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info