Custom/Diamond Avatars, and their stories.

My item is almost done. People are busy doing act 3 things at the moment so I don't expect it until open beta.
RIP Bolto
"
alaizon wrote:
I want to be diamond, but I can only afford gold.

Story of our life.
I too have had a difficult time convincing my non-gaming wife that this is worth it. I'm currently sitting at bronze till I can find a way to descretly make 1,000 dollars disappear O.o

However like another poster suggested some sort of payment plan could go a long way.

I would also like to add, am I wrong for wanting to invest 1,000$ into a game? No I don't think so. However there are two sides to every coin, puting my self in my wife's shoes I can understand her being taken back by my request. Gota respect your wives and/or significant others friends, they too have an equal say.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
To flip or not to flip

Twitch stream link: http://www.twitch.tv/bled66
Experimenting, solidifying and straight rocking POE.
Last edited by BeyondAnyTherapy on Dec 2, 2012, 7:03:04 PM
If i had money and PayPal on my country, I'll buy 2 Diamond accs - for me and for my dog!
"
Tindraa wrote:
"
alaizon wrote:
I want to be diamond, but I can only afford gold.

This, sort of. I could afford Diamond if I could just figure out how to "sell" the idea to my non-gaming wife.

Perhaps an installment plan, where the monthly payments don't trigger any alarms.

Note: Avatar pic related. Looks like my wife ;-).

If my girlfriend ever found out about this, I would get my ass kicked. She does not know I dropped a grand on this game.
Although it is my money to do with as I please, she'd still kick my ass if she found out and she IS into gaming.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
Covert wrote:
My item is almost done. People are busy doing act 3 things at the moment so I don't expect it until open beta.

Rargh! Why no story? I gotta know why you got a zombie fishing dude.

Lol...I dont think your dog can play, but if he does, what item would he make?

"
If my girlfriend ever found out about this, I would get my ass kicked. She does not know I dropped a grand on this game.
Although it is my money to do with as I please, she'd still kick my ass if she found out and she IS into gaming.

CLIVE You dirty little man you....Sneaking moneys to support a good game isnt bad, its just sneaking money IS.
'It is good to contact a moderator if you feel someone is being a twat' Charan, Forum Moderator

Sometimes, we have to cross a ditch.
Sometimes, we have to cross an ocean.-Rhys, GGG
Last edited by Zalm on Dec 2, 2012, 7:20:21 PM
I bought my girlfriend a Diamond.

Apparently it's meant to be her best friend.

I'm not sure it's what she had in mind though.

Oh well. It's the thought that counts, right?
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
"
Charan wrote:
I bought my girlfriend a Diamond.

Apparently it's meant to be her best friend.

I'm not sure it's what she had in mind though.

Oh well. It's the thought that counts, right?

Haha, awesome new avatar.
RIP Bolto
I'm in the same boat as some of the other people here; More than happy to spend a grand on the game, but can't even imagine the scene that would unfold when my girlfriend sees my account statement and realizes I spent a thousand dollars on a free game. Couple of hundred bucks a month for 5 months would be a whole different story, she wouldn't even notice.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
I'm in the same boat as some of the other people here; More than happy to spend a grand on the game, but can't even imagine the scene that would unfold when my girlfriend sees my account statement and realizes I spent a thousand dollars on a free game. Couple of hundred bucks a month for 5 months would be a whole different story, she wouldn't even notice.

We've definitely discussed perks for 'overall contribution' over time. I'm not sure where that might go but I think it's a really good idea.
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info