Is there some way to procedurally check if your character/account's drop table is screwy?

The reason I ask is this. I've noticed that when I am in a party, and we're clearing content, I'll be lucky to get even a scroll of wisdom from a complete map clear. I'm not exaggerating either. Between 20 ledge runs I've gotten 1 rare, 1 jewelers orb, and maybe 3 portal scrolls.

It is slightly less dramatic when I'm solo, but still not getting rares or currency drops on any sort of regular basis. The exception I've found is that the Catacombs seem to have a normal drop rate, or at least a lot closer to normal than partying or solo on any other map.
What I mean by less dramatic is that running through act 1 (normal, cruel, and meciless) I've gotten about 10 scrolls of wisdom, 5-6 portal scrolls, maybe 1-2 actual currency drops, and a rare of some kind. That is complete run through the entire act, every quest.

I've mentioned this to a few people and they have said to contact support to have them check. I'm not sure if I should or what they would even look for if I did. The reason I'm not sure if I should is because maybe this is how drops are supposed to work in the new league. I mean, it is possible. Or maybe I've just somehow managed to get some cursed gear and am getting hidden penalties to my drop rarity and quantity.

If there is a way to procedurraly check without contacting support, I haven't seen it. And if I did contact support, what the hell would I even say? I think they'd probably just laugh if they got an email that was like "Hey, my drops suck. Can you help me out with that?"
IGN : Reamus
idk, PoE is a strange game.

For a month straight i only got 1 alchemy orb, then in the past 10 minutes i got 5...

I think it makes the game more memorable.

I mean, it took 5 months before i got my first exalted orb, then i get 2 in 10 minutes doing random vaal ruins runs...
Last edited by GotzYourBike on Nov 4, 2013, 1:38:37 AM
tinfoil hats on?
[Removed by Support]
RNG = RNG
[quote="Ludvator"]yes GGG fix lightspeed or i quit[/quote]
Contact support, you might have been erroneously flagged as a bot or something, and thus be experiencing next-to-nothing in terms of drops.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
Support is getting a lot of emails about it since it's been confirmed they are altering the drop rates of players suspected of taking part in real money trade and botting.

"
Chris wrote:
I checked a bunch of accounts in this thread. I see two groups of people:

70% of people: People complaining they're not finding currency drops when they actually are finding a normal amount and there's no problem.

30% of people: People who are clearly using bot software and are surprised that we aren't just ignoring it.

If you're finding no currency and you're 100% certain you've never done anything wrong, contact support@grindinggear.com and we'll get it sorted out. There is a bit of an email backlog. Please note that it's extremely rare for there to be a false positive with this type of stuff - we're very careful with who it is applied to.

I'm sorry about the tone of this post. It's just really frustrating to watch people posting on botting forums about how stupid we are for not banning them, then posting in here about how it's unfair they aren't getting an optimal game experience.
sry ive seen godly and godlys dont lose hp wich wuold pretty much be a smiter with life tap
IGN: danknugsblazedopeswag
I feel more like "you would get more drop if you participated more in the kill".

I usually get 0 loots when party with crazy / OP / DPS build, unless I was the the one who clearly do more damage than others. I noticed it when I was rushing a friend through act 3 normal / act 1 cruel. Most of the drop would be assigned to me

Just a theory, but meh, at least if comfort me when I get no drops from partying :P
"
Barry wrote:
Support is getting a lot of emails about it since it's been confirmed they are altering the drop rates of players suspected of taking part in real money trade and botting.

"
Chris wrote:
I checked a bunch of accounts in this thread. I see two groups of people:

70% of people: People complaining they're not finding currency drops when they actually are finding a normal amount and there's no problem.

30% of people: People who are clearly using bot software and are surprised that we aren't just ignoring it.

If you're finding no currency and you're 100% certain you've never done anything wrong, contact support@grindinggear.com and we'll get it sorted out. There is a bit of an email backlog. Please note that it's extremely rare for there to be a false positive with this type of stuff - we're very careful with who it is applied to.

I'm sorry about the tone of this post. It's just really frustrating to watch people posting on botting forums about how stupid we are for not banning them, then posting in here about how it's unfair they aren't getting an optimal game experience.

This. You were flagged for botting.
"
inDef wrote:

This. You were flagged for botting.

I mean... are you sure that my drops aren't just sucking because my drops suck?

IGN : Reamus
I'm not sure altering drop rates is a good way to deal with the bot problem. It will breed suspicion among the more paranoid in the community, I've already seen claims on jsp that GGG increases the drop rates of donors (lol). Also now no one can complain about drop rates without being accused of botting.

What's wrong with just outright banning them? The notion that a developer can alter individual users drop rates can be harmful to the community.
sry ive seen godly and godlys dont lose hp wich wuold pretty much be a smiter with life tap
IGN: danknugsblazedopeswag

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info