Beginner/Cheap Scion Discharge.

Okay, wow, first off..I did a search and saw there were so many scion discharge builds/questions. Now, I'm a fairly new player and I don't really have the currency to buy Cast on Crit. I tried to come up with a cheap build that uses Power Charge on Crit instead.

So this is the passive skill tree I came up with. This will be the BACK BONE for you to build on. You're going to be taking what nodes you need.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAecFQg5IEHsRLxGWFSAZhhzcHaoppSpNKwosnCzpLR8tqDboO-E9Xz8nQZZEq0ZxRwZKyEyzTipQMFBCUlNVrlivW69d8l8qY0NtGW6qb55wUnDVeA1_xoIQgwmIQohrjDaPppLNkvOTJ5manaOfy6IuoqOnK6lurEeus7GQtAy0xbXytve31r46wFHBAMHFwfPC7MNtykrbGttZ217dDd-w4Yji9-OE6yzrY-vk7BjyHfLh8-r1S_yr

If you look, you will see there are two extra frenzy charges available, there are also a lot of crit chance nodes available for you, and there are extra STR/DEX nodes available as well. There is Ghost Reaver and CI availble. There is also another aura reduced mana cost node there too.

You have acquired some evasion nodes and the Iron Reflex Keystone. In this build you're going to be using INT/DEX gear that has evasion/ES. It's probably best to use a pure ES chest. You won't be getting gear with decent Evas/ES until item level 70.(I could be wrong) But this will allow you to have some armor when the evasion gets converted.

So the idea is this build will be a little cheaper because you wont need Cast on Crit or Voll's armor/necklace.

What you want to do when you start out at level one is pick Freeze Pulse/Ice Spear as your main attack. You want to find a chest piece that you link Power Charge on Crit to either Ice Spear/Freeze pulse, now you don't even need a lot of cast speed, but you could use Faster Casting and Increased Crit Chance. This will be a very easy 4 link. (SO, you have Freeze Pulse/Power Charge on Crit/Discharge/Faster Casting) all linked.

You just crit a couple times with freeze pulse early game and use discharge, when discharge crits you can just discharge again. If you crit enough you can just spam it.

As you saw in the skill tree there are 2 extra Frenzy Charges available, you can use Blood Rage to get Frenzy Charges when you're confident enough that you won't die.

At the beginning I would follow the line up to where the big STR/DEX nodes that are to the right of Arcane Vision, move towards the shadow territory and pick up all the ES and Crit nodes. Then, you could move up to Doom Cast. After that, you'll want to head to the witch portion of the tree to pick up the mana/crit/power charge.

Then, finally move south, picking up Iron reflexes and then to the left picking up unwavering stance. There are extra armor(Steel Skin, Dueliest territory), evasion(Near Iron Reflexes), crit(Shadow territory), accuracy nodes(To the right of Iron Reflexs)

Be smart and pick up the stats you need, there are all readily available. Don't be afraid to use Molten Shell and the Evasion aura. Reduced Mana Gem+Reduced Mana Cost nodes in the tree should make it fairly easy to run two auras. There's nothing a Surgeon's Mana Flask won't fix in terms of mana issues you might have.

This is the first build I really tried to make on my own, I'm open to suggestions on how to make it better. Please, if you can help, just tell me how to make it better.

EDIT: The bells and whistiles.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAdwB5wVCDkgQexEvEZYVIBfYGYYb-hzcHaognCmlKgsqTSsKLJws6S0fLag2PTboO-E9Xz8nQZZEq0WWRnFHBkrITLNOKlAwUEJRTFJTU7hVrlivWhpbr13yXvpfKmNDaj9tGW6qb55wUnC7cNVyw3gNfVt_xoIQgwmFVYhCiGuJ04w2j6aSzZLzkyeZmp2jn8uiLqKjpBmly6crqW6rC6xHrrOxkLQMtMW18rZBtve31r46vorAUcEAwcXB88Lsw23KSswG0DnZE9sa21nbXt0N37DhiOKA4vfjhOss62Pr5OwY8h3y4fPq9Uv8qw==
Last edited by Grooves on Nov 3, 2013, 5:14:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info