Max level

It looks like hell to get to the current max, which I believe is 100? Will this maximum level change when OB comes along? Someone told me that there might not be a max level, and that it just gets harder and harder to level, making it almost impossible at some stages of the game.
Its actually not meaned to reach max level, its really hard and patience needing to proceed beyond level 70 with the content in the game now. This will change with upcoming additions over a longer period of time, starting with the implementation of act 3 with open beta (which will extend the level range of the content up to 77, as Chris said yesterday).

On the other hand, I dont expect a raise of the char level limit, not to speak of a general unlimited one. The cap is needed (and calculated) to cover a defined amount/area of the skill tree, otherwise it would not be possible to balance it for the different game modes/situations (like pvp)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
starting with the implementation of act 3 with open beta (which will extend the level range of the content up to 77, as Chris said yesterday).

Do you know if that means non-map content to 77 and map content higher (85-90 if its like the current system), or maps to 77?
Chris referred specifically to map content yesterday, but he also said that act III on highest difficulty is of a higher level than the current areas in the botw news - no exact level to my knowledge.
Last edited by Victo on Nov 21, 2012, 4:15:55 AM
Thats my stand of knowing too, Chris mentioned a level 77 map and compared it to the actual max of 69's. I'm really curious how the level curve will be with the upcoming 3x3 acts setup!
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Ateerix wrote:
It looks like hell to get to the current max, which I believe is 100? Will this maximum level change when OB comes along? Someone told me that there might not be a max level, and that it just gets harder and harder to level, making it almost impossible at some stages of the game.

The max level is 100. In an older interview, I believe with Cromar, Chris said that people are not expected to reach it. He stated that if a character is level 95 the player has put years of playtime into it.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Intense.

For the purpose of nerding over passive builds I do wonder what the practical lvling stopping point would be. Seems like it will probably be about 90. If A3 gives us another talent point quest, we're still at 12 quest points, so a nice round 100ish points might be the build planning standard.
"
aimlessgun wrote:
Intense.

For the purpose of nerding over passive builds I do wonder what the practical lvling stopping point would be. Seems like it will probably be about 90. If A3 gives us another talent point quest, we're still at 12 quest points, so a nice round 100ish points might be the build planning standard.

Knowing chris it will either be 99 or 101, just cuz he can't stand even numbers :P
i already see the news: "we stated the amx level will be 100, and then we doubled it".
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info