Which server are the Australians/ NZders meant to be on?

American or Singapore?

I'm from Australia and i joined the American server guessing it would be the main hub like every other game i play (Lol, Diablo2, diablo 3, etc etfc
It really depends on your ISP, some do well with the US gateway and some do better with the singapore gateway.

The best way is to just test what works best for you, at login screen you can select your gateway.In game you can press F1 to bring up the performance statistics. Check out your ping in the far right box, take note of the number and also spikes.

Gateway choice is really only about ping as once you connect to the gateway the majority of the game is global, although in town you will only see others on the same gateway the in game chat is global. The same goes for joining instances with party members, you can party with anyone from anywhere no matter what gateway you connect to. You characters are all global and you play the same character from all gateways unlike some other games that have separate characters for each 'region'.

The only thing limited by what gateway you connect to is PvP queue's. You will only PvP with people from the same gateway as you to keep the ping as low as possible for all players. This may mean that if you choose the Singapore/US server you may have difficulty finding PvP matches in the off-peak times of those regions. You can however swap gateways at any time to participate in PvP.

TL;DR: F1 in game, choose the server with lowest ping.
Last edited by ElectroFriedBees on Nov 20, 2012, 7:48:41 AM
"
American or Singapore?

I'm from Australia and i joined the American server guessing it would be the main hub like every other game i play (Lol, Diablo2, diablo 3, etc etfc

There is technically only 1 server but 3 gateways to enter. So we all on the same server so to speak.

Like the othere post said it is abount pings so it doe's not matter which gateway for playing with people unless you want to PVP then at the minute you must all lg on same gateway to fight each other.
Its only money. May as well spend it here.

Buy beta.

Please Do Not PM me if you have no sense of humour as to what i say on forums.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info