Words you can use twice in a row.

Another thread made me think of this. Lets collect all the words that can be validly used twice in a row.

It's it's own chaser.
HAIL SATAN!
POE is really, really good. I'll still be playing when I'm a great, great grandfather.

"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

That might be cheating, but Ill allow it.
HAIL SATAN!
Dumb Dumb!

and Has has. I don't like it, but it's out there.
Must be used in a sentence, otherwise its wild speculation
HAIL SATAN!
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
Can can can can can can can can can can.
James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher.

You can use "had" infinitely in a sentence and still be grammatically correct technically, so I don't think that counts. But the other two are the longest ones that I know of.
ก็็็็็็็็็็IGN:Varanice(90 EA Marauder); Aura_Amoureux (8X LL Aurastack Cyclone Scion)
Softore Shop Thread #665265 -Uniques, Race Rewards, Gems, and more.
I also play LLD PvP in SC, and race as Witch or occasionally Scion.
www.twitch.tv/varanice
Last edited by Varanice on Nov 1, 2013, 2:54:28 AM
Any word can be used more than once if you talk talk with with a a stutter stutter.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

"
tramshed wrote:
It's its own chaser.
Fixed; not actually the same word, which means you can't say that that is fine.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
since when is it's not a word? Contractions turn two words into one, therefore, word.
HAIL SATAN!
Words that can be different parts of a sentence (say a noun and a verb, or an adjective and a noun) e.g. I can taste taste. I ate the orange orange.

Homonyms e.g. I can't bear bear.

And do titles/proper nouns count, or is that cheating? Then you could have sentences like, "I read the first edition of Of Mice and Men."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info