HAWTTIE a Spectral Throw / Double Strike - 2H Axe Speed Clear Build

Using the following build I have been able to speed clear all areas and run maps at level 54 (a record for me).

This build is great solo and for groups.
Assuming you can replicate the gear and gems below, you will have tons of fun finely dicing up all the mobs at lightening speed.

Here is the full skill tree for the build.

POINTS PROGRESSION
Points 1-24

Points 25-50

Points 50+

GEAR / GEMS USED
Here is my current gear and the gems used.
Spoiler

2H WEAPON PROGRESSION
Spoiler

Level 1 to 17 use any 2h weapon with good attack speed.

Level 18, use Limbsplit unique axe.

Level 33, use Reaper's Pursuit unique axe.

Level 45, use The Blood Reaper unique axe.

Level 58, use Kaom's Primacy unique axe.

Afterwards you can upgrade when you find a 2h Axe better than Kaoms like this one

Also make sure to upgrade your armor/rings/belt as you can, making sure to focus on resists / physical damage / fire damage / attack speed / projectile damage.

BANDITS
Spoiler
Kill all the bandits in each difficulty.
Yes you could get 18% phys dmg in cruel but I chose to get the point instead but in the future I may try getting the 18%.
what auras are you running?

how are you sustaining ST?

was thinking i'd have to spec blood magic or use a blood magic gem...Do you get enough mana regen from the few mana regen nodes?
"
bigpife55 wrote:

was thinking i'd have to spec blood magic or use a blood magic gem...Do you get enough mana regen from the few mana regen nodes?

ive been leveling as this build(31 atm) using clarity+ a small amount of leech is more than enough to speed run 99% of stuff ive come across(using ST with 3 support gems atm) hope i was able to help at all
"
Shaunb19 wrote:
"
bigpife55 wrote:

ive been leveling as this build(31 atm) using clarity+ a small amount of leech is more than enough to speed run 99% of stuff ive come across(using ST with 3 support gems atm) hope i was able to help at all

42 now and no longer running clarity due to an insane amount of increased regen from gear. still having a buttload of fun with this build
71 now and heres my current gear setup
Spoiler

currently doing 3.4k on ST 13.6k on DS and even with 0 mana leech i dont have much mana issues because devouring totem is awesome
The trick for me is to use a combination of these 3 items

With the ring you can sustain constant life/mana regen provided you are continusously hitting something, of course the downside is you can't wear a 2nd ring so mix and match to suit the situation you are in (maps, etc)

This build is awful

1.) You misuse skill points terribly in many areas. aka taking accuracy nodes when you have Resolute Technique. There are better nodes for 2h damage that you could pickup that don't focus heavily on accuracy.

2.) you skip out on a lot of life nodes in the circle left of the scion start point and waste 4 points getting to the mana regen tree when you could take less nodes and have more life to get there.

3.) Harrier is a wasted node for your build, cast speed does nothing, the attack speed is minimal since you use FA and who needs movement speed nodes...

4.) You use Melee splash on your single target ability which makes no sense when you can spectral throw for AoE damage.

5.) Your axe is decent but the rest of your gear is awful, I honestly don't know how you would survive in merciless. You should take the +2% to max resistances as it is a huge node and your only 1 point off of it.

Overall this build is awful-guarantee its a SC build b/c you skip many defensives for offensives early. Good luck on a mildly rough map roll. There are so many ways to optimize this build but you skip over all of them. Makes zero sense to me at all
Hehe ( copy and paste above post )
"
Swivel17 wrote:
This build is awful

haters gonna hate

currently lvl77 and doing just fine tyvm

doesn't change the fact that the skill tree is an abomination.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info