Free to play Command and Conquer is canceled!!!!

why why why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please RNG give me a fishing rod !
Thank God. I was in alpha and it was horrible. Good move by EA.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"

can you be specific about short come of the game ? Applied for the beta 2 years ago now im at lose :(
Wow just gave that game a search and it seems really bad.. maybe you should give Company of Hero's 2 a try. Haven't played it but the original was great fun.
"
Xavderion wrote:

Why would you even try anything EA produces?
The problem isn't that EA produces terrible games. It's that they produce some great games that have terrible policies implemented in them.

Take the new Sim City. It had potential to be an amazing game, but because of the online DRM bullcrap and bad initial design choices the whole game was tainted.

Same thing happened with Plants Vs. Zombies great game could have been a great sequel, but just terrible publisher interference.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
"

Xavderion wrote:

Why would you even try anything EA produces?

yeah right !
"
"

can you be specific about short come of the game ? Applied for the beta 2 years ago now im at lose :(

I think the game itself was solid for an alpha. The thing that really killed it was the F2P aspect. Basically the developers had to frequently shit out Generals else they wouldn't make any money. You can't do this in a RTS in the long run, there has to be some kind of balance. EA cancelled the game because they saw that F2P and C&C doesn't work.

TL;DR: EA was greedy and stupid so a solid game and a solid development studio had to die. Again...
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Oct 30, 2013, 1:47:24 PM
The majority was simply whining for a singleplayer experience ...

That means the end for Victory Games and Jon Van Caneghem.

Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info