The elemental chainsaw

Hey, this is my idea of a spectral throw build. I haven't tested it out yet, because i want to gather some currency and decent elemental damage gear.

So the basic idea is stacking elemental damage and attack speed on your spectral throw while using rapiers, and it looks kind of like a chainsaw so there you have the name.

Passive tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABA5YEswhnFE0VIBcdFy8Ziho4Go8ppSpNLOkyCTKJNZI26TrhOyg8LT8nQYdFlkp9SshMMkz_TeNOKlXWVi1X4lpSW69fqmBDZOdmnmegapNsFmxGbj1uqm-ecmxz4XflfVuApIMJg9uHdojxjX6QVZLNmy2bXZu1ogCmV6eEqJqpbqxHrFmsf69stfK2Qbc-t7a-p8APwBrDOsWKxq7KSs2YznHSTdXt3Q3igONq52PrLOw48B_yRfKX9tr3iPno-tL7CfxL_MX-Cv6P

The skills
Spectral Throw + Faster Attack + Weapon Elemental Damage + LMP/GMP + Life Leech (+Added Lightning/Slower Projectiles/Elemental Proliferation if you have a 6l chest)
This is your spinning chainsaw of agony and pain. This is how you deal with the packs hopefully pretty easily. Elemental Proliferation as the 6th link is kind of gear dependent, because the passive tree does not include any crit, so you can rely only on the elemental damage you do, which will be not too high with 1h weapons.

Dual Strike + Multistrike + Life Leech + Weapon Elemental Damage
This is for bosses and elites, it is more comfortable than the throw i guess.

Anger + Wrath + Reduced Mana
Notice the aura nodes in the passive tree, since the auras got reworked, i think it is a nobrainer to pick them if you are running an elemental build.

Blood Magic + Reduced Mana + Clarity
Clarity is necessary to support the manacost with the high attack speed, and we have only a few aura nodes and no EB, so supporting 3 auras with mana is hard on this build. Therefore it goes from hp. I think there will be no need to level it to the max, because it reserves too much health and we have some mana regen nodes.

Faster Casting + Increased AoE + Elemental Weakness + Enfeeble
One offensive and a defensive curse, for obvious reasons.

Faster Casting + Enduring Cry
Endurance charges are useful, period. A little help on the defensive side.

Faster Attacks + Whirling Blades
This is my personal preference, i like whirling blades because it is a nice movement skill, you can pretty much drop your quicksilvers with this combination. BUT it has a really big drawback. With the amount of attack speed the build has, you can pretty easily become the mayor of desync city.
If you dont want that honor, just link Molten Shell and Increased Duration with Faster cast and Enduring cry.

The gear
There is not really a big choice. Stack the most flat elemental and weapon elemental damage you can get.
You can choose if you want to play dual-wield for the attack speed bonus, or sword and board for more protection, depends on your playstyle.
Using a 2h is compatible with the build, however you have to slightly rearrange the links and it is not so easy to find a decent elemental 2hander.
How are you going to ensure you actually hit the targets? You have taken no accuracy nodes at all. Also, you can spend 4 extra points and pick up 24% more elemental dmg. Another point is how exactly you are going to run ST in a 5L off mana alone. I don't think clarity is going to give you enough mana regen in the end unless you have already done the math.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/690708/page/1

is the elemental Buzzsaw .. it's pretty close
Last edited by Blazing107 on Dec 23, 2013, 7:34:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info