Fork / Chain supports

Why are both of these supports green (dex) based? I was hoping that these would be red / blue base because as of right now the only real way to add "AoE" (besides obviously "increased Area of effect" but this of course only works on spells that already have an area of effect) to our spells / abilitys are by green gems. This really frustrates me as I want to make a pure str / int character but all of the best support gems are dex based.
I would suggest that they are dex based gems because they relate to projectiles(generally dex but also many int based projectile spells)
Then I hope for more "Area of Effect" spells that are not just "nova" spells.
Yeah, I'd like just one of those to be int-based, but I doubt they'll break the trend. Not a huge problem to pick up some dexterity though.
It's not THAT hard to pick up dex, but it's annoying to try to find green slots to match my blue or red-blue armor
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
My point is not that it's hard to do, but that it just seems wrong that red and or blue gems have nothing that does something like this while currently green now has 4 gems that give non-aoe abilitys, area of effect.
Nature of both support gems is dex related, thats why they are green. Second thing is balance matter, you need to sacrifice some mods in gear parts or passive tree nodes for it if you are int or str based. Thats good you cant easily roll sox colour in other spec gear, chromatic orbs arent junk this way and relations between currencies are fine.
Gems like this should be DEX/INT Gems with a new Color like turquoise (Green + Blue mixed) and this gem should work in a green or Blue Socket.

Hybrid Gems :D
IGN: kReiZy
Doesn't both me much; you need some dex for LMP/GMP anyway.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
"
Nature of both support gems is dex related, thats why they are green. Second thing is balance matter, you need to sacrifice some mods in gear parts or passive tree nodes for it if you are int or str based. Thats good you cant easily roll sox colour in other spec gear, chromatic orbs arent junk this way and relations between currencies are fine.
Fork could easily be int because it is like Arc, a lightning ability.

Chain could easily be str also. It's not particularly dexy. It's more like "I chucked something at you, and it keeps hitting everybody because I'm so strong."

It's very strange that there is no pierce keystone for spells/projectiles in the passive tree as well. There's a bow one, but it was moved to a very terrible place for elemental builds (&if you are already dex it's trivial to get 100% pierce without the passive which is kind of awkward.)
Last edited by Watlok on Nov 5, 2012, 12:10:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info