Lightning Strike and +% increased projectile damage

Does the lightning strike skill work with the increased projectile damage passives from the duelist area?
AFAIK yes :)

If you don't mind to go close and personal with lighning strike i would suggest taking Point blank ;)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
"
Sony_Black wrote:

If you don't mind to go close and personal with lighning strike i would suggest taking Point blank ;)

As far as I know, Point blank only works with bows. Unfortunately, like Elemental Equilibrium, Point Blank keystone description is not clear about it.

Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
Last edited by Velkor on Nov 3, 2012, 8:54:12 AM
"
Velkor wrote:
"
Sony_Black wrote:

As far as I know, Point blank only works with bows. Unfortunately, like Elemental Equilibrium, Point Blank keystone description is not clear about it.

Point blank should work with a wand as well ;) It sais explicitly 'Projectiles' and lighning strikes speciality are the projectiles ;) It wouldn't affect the melee hit, but it should work with the projectiles which are created.

EDIT: here is a quote from the point blank support gem topic (the quote is from yesterday ;))
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
IlluminaBlade wrote:
How would this effect the skill Lightning Strike given it is melee and projectile at the same time.
The projectiles get the damage bonus/penalty from point blank. The melee hit does not.
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Nov 3, 2012, 11:05:13 AM
Ok, nice. That's good news.

Apparently, Point blank works with Lightning strikes since patch 0.9.12.

After looking at old threads, I realize now that it has probably always worked with wands even though many ppl thought it wasn't working.

Here's the thread where I got the false info about wands not working with Point blank :

Point Blank + Lightning Strike doesn't seem to work
Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
Last edited by Velkor on Nov 3, 2012, 12:27:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info