Flame totem targeting - post 9.13

I haven't seen this brought up in the forums but the targeting since the latest patch on flame totems is horrible. Before they would almost never stop firing if a mob was close to range.

Since the patch, if a mob even walks near a door, in the same room as me and the totems they stop firing, if the mob then walks away from the door it takes up to 3 seconds sometimes before the totems re-target and fire again, if ever.

In a wooded area the same thing happens with trees, I sat 2 totems on either side of a mob and neither fired while he stood next to a tree, the mob then walked towards a totem and started attacking, if never once fired at him. I had to set another one behind the one being attacked to get it going.

Easiest place I have found to show off this is pyramid, with all the small rooms a mob is almost always near a wall which affects the totems ability to hit it.
Yes, i can confirm this.
Feels like when there are walls near then the totem doesnt know that the mob is in range. Strange that the Totem sometimes fires at edges when the mob cant be hit.

Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.
This sounds like it is similar to the Freezing Pulse problem people are having. I'll investigate.
Balance & Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info