Answers to common questions (AKA in-game FAQ)

"
mannihello wrote:
example 1. without resolute technique:
if my chance to hit is 90% (which means 9 of 10 hits hit the target)
enemies evasion is 70 % (7 of 10 hits are ignored and 3 do hit)
This cannot possibly be the case. By definition, if you have a 90% chance to hit that enemy, it has a 10% chance to evade your attacks. Whereas if the enemy has 70% chance to evade, that means you have a 30% chance to hit.

Your chance to hit is calculated based on your accuracy rating compared to the enemie's evasion rating. Their chance to evade is a different way of looking at the same value, and is calculated like so:
chance to evade = 1 - chance to hit
I think the confusion is that people think 'Chance to Evade' or 'Chance to Hit' are stats, like Fire Resistance. Those percentages you see under 'Chance to Hit/Evade' in the character screen are not real stats, they're just a statistical estimate of the average proportion of hits that will beat evasion or be evaded if you fight 'typical' monsters of your character level. So, for instance, these percentages are meaningless in PvP combat - what you need to know is how your Accuracy Rating or Evasion Rating measures up to your opponent's Evasion Rating or Accuracy Rating respectively.

Perhaps it's best to avoid talking about attacks 'missing' due to evasion. If the enemy is in the right place to take the attack (i.e. it collides with the arrow, or it is in the AoE zone, or it is at the point where you swing your weapon), then you have not 'missed', but the enemy still has an opportunity to escape the consequences of the attack with evasion and dodge.

As I understand it, 'attacks cannot be evaded' (given by Resolute Technique and some items) simply ignores the usual Evasion mechanics. It's as if your opponent is wearing an Ezomyte Peak - they cannot evade your attacks under any circumstances.

(The one thing I'm not sure about is crit-evasion, if you have 'attacks cannot be evaded' but are still capable of hitting. Does this mod allow you to bypass the crit-evasion roll?)
Last edited by Incompetent on Mar 28, 2014, 1:41:38 AM
Need some help. Corrupted items can have special mods to the items.
There are mods given like this item Gives Level 4 Clarity Aura or Grants Level 10 Faster Casting.

1st Question, these auras given by the mods do they require the mana cost of the auras? Meaning if I equip a Gives Level 4 Clarity Aura I will have to reserve mana for it? Or is it completely free, meaning I have the clarity aura automatically around my character but my mana reserved is untouched? Or is it given as a spell that I have to activate?

2nd, mods that give Curses to gems in the item, are they already automatically linked with Curse on Hit or do I still need to link a CoH gem to my spell/attack?
So, a weapon granting corruption of Grants level can be linked like (Etheral Knives)---(Faster Casting)---(Curse on Hit)??

What is the difference between "Grants level *** supported by Gems in this item" and "Gems in this item are Supported by ***"?

Kinda confusing in the description of the items and wikia doesn't address the issue.
"
rrgerty wrote:
What is the difference between "Grants level *** supported by Gems in this item" and "Gems in this item are Supported by ***"?
The first one is an active skill, which the item grants you as though it had that skill gem socketed in it. The second one is a support effect, which supports all skills in the item, as though the item had that support gem in it.

The item grants the skill exactly like a gem would, you still need to meet any costs to cast it it just gives you the skill.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Apr 2, 2014, 5:55:30 PM
How many of my characters have access to my stash and my guild stash? My newer characters seem to have empty stashes.
All of your characters in the same league have access to the same stash. If your newer charachters don't have access, maybe you've created them in Ambush league (which is the default option since that league started)? In that case, you'll have to wait until the end of the league (in about two and a half months) until they join your other characters' stash in Standard.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
Thank you, that would be what it is.
I suggest adding how to copy/paste message with linked items so that the link does not go stale.

If you ctrl + C and ctrl + V any linked items say: [stale link]

if you hit up you can paste the message and the linked items stay in the message.
IGN: smexylolrus
Where should I click to ply this.
Can't I play this without downloading?
"
Bavan wrote:
Where should I click to ply this.
Can't I play this without downloading?

Hi Bavan, Path of Exile will need to be downloaded in order to play. The installer can be downloaded from this link:

https://www.pathofexile.com/downloads/PathOfExileInstaller.msi

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info