Double Strike Splash - 6k+ HP, 25k+ DPS, 6 uniques! [1.0.0]

Hey, felt like sharing this build since I've been having a ton of fun playing it. I was previously a dual wield Cleaver but after the nerfs to Cleave, I decided to change it up a bit.

Uniques

An amazing unique that gives you a 6L without the hassle. Just an awesome mix of damage and survivability.

Yes, a legacy Soul Taker. There are higher DPS weapons out there, but with this there's no need to use Blood Magic gem and you can run 3 auras off your mana.

Pretty much just to get enough DEX/INT for certain skills.

A nice little damage boost, and all that Chaos Resist lets you easily outregen Blood Rage. With all the life nodes in this build, the reduced life on this ring isn't much of a bother.

Main shield. High life, high armour, high block chance. There are better rare shields out there, but they're tough to find.

Shield used for certain bosses. With tons of spell block and +5% to maximum resistances, Piety and Megaera will do pathetic damage with this equipped.

Skills

Double Strike - Melee Splash - Added Fire Damage - Multistrike
Your damage skill, place these gems into your BoR. Replace Melee Splash with Weapon Elemental Damage for when you need more single target damage.

Leap Slam
Mobility skill.

Enduring Cry - Blood Magic
Generates Endurance Charges, which are very important for this build since we won't be taking too many armour nodes.

Blood Rage - Increased Duration - Blood Magic
Gives a tremendous amount of life leech and 15% attack speed from the 3 Frenzy Charges. Not a problem using this on Vulnerability or half regen maps, and even no regen maps are possible with good flask management.

Vulnerability - Increased Duration - Blood Magic
Offensive curse, increases the physical damage monsters take.

Enfeeble - Increased Duration - Blood Magic
An absolutely amazing defensive curse. The reduced monster accuracy combined with your Blind from BoR means you can take down bosses like Kole without them ever landing a hit on you.

Purity - Hatred - Haste - Reduced Mana
Purity is an absolute must for survivability. Hatred and Haste will give you a very significant DPS boost. Do note that you need a level 20 Reduced Mana and a couple reduced reservation nodes to run all 3 auras.

Passive Tree

Level 90 Build

For the bandits, I helped Oak an all three difficulties. Helping Kraityn in Merciless for the Frenzy Charge is also a viable option if you want a bit more DPS.

Videos

Colonnade Kole can't touch me!

Full Gear

Spoiler

(Always looking for upgrades!)

Thanks a lot for reading! If there's demand, I might get some videos up to showcase this build in action. Also, feel free to ask any questions you have about this build.
Last edited by jakab_ on Oct 29, 2013, 4:05:02 PM
Videos yessu! :D
Thanks for the guide. :)
I'll try and get a video or two up sometime this week.
Put up a quick video. :)
hi I´m new playing this game nad i chose for me first clase marauder a i don´t know what build chose i read some build and i like your build and this build http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73072/page/1
and I don´t what is a god opción for you what have more balance life/def/dps plis help me whit this thanx.

edit: and why you chose use axe and not 2h mace plis I´m new y need help thanx.
Last edited by zulumxd on Oct 29, 2013, 5:55:52 PM
"
zulumxd wrote:
hi I´m new playing this game nad i chose for me first clase marauder a i don´t know what build chose i read some build and i like your build and this build http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73072/page/1
and I don´t what is a god opción for you what have more balance life/def/dps plis help me whit this thanx.

edit: and why you chose use axe and not 2h mace plis I´m new y need help thanx.

Hi, I wouldn't recommend this build for new players since a lot of the gear is very expensive. I'd recommend a 2H Leap Slam or Ground Slam for your first character.
Bump. Had to switch to my laptop due to my GPU dying (thanks a lot nvidia...) but I'll try and get a couple more quick boss vids up later this week.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info