Extreme lag during the Dominus fight (weather effects)

Hello,

The entire Scepter of God area is very laggy for me. My framerate is just fine in other areas as long as I'm not in a group but here it's much lower and during the Dominus fight it's basically impossible. I just gave him a try but had to log out against him in his second form because my framerate was seriously at around 1 per second, a total slide show and it kept freezing completely, all I could think to do was try to log out before I died (I play on Hardcore).

I've always had lag issues with the game although my computer isn't that old, I do play on a laptop though. Previously in the Closed Beta and Open Beta I posted about lag in groups and requested that options be added so players can turn down or turn off the spell effects completely.

I was really excited to play during release and I've had a blast up until now, I also really like the new areas including the Scepter of God, I just don't like how laggy they are for me as it makes it so I can't play on Hardcore as I want to.

What I would like to request are more graphic options. I just want to turn everything off and down so I can actually kill the new boss and play the game without constant lag and freezing. I don't want all of these spell, particle and weather effects.

Is it possible to add this to the options? Is there a file that I can modify to turn the effects off?
Grouping is carebear mode. Add a "/players x" command a la Diablo II.
We can only hope and wait. I'd love to play this game...
Yeah buddy.

Personally I've had lag problems since Closed Beta, making it extremely risky to group up with other players. It was disappointing since we all know that grouping makes things much easier and gives you much better loot but I was fine with missing out on that, at least the game was playable by myself.

This though, is unplayable in my opinion. I don't even want to go back up there and try to kill Dominus. I made it through the entire fight and then he changed forms and I can barely move and only see my health bubble draining away so I immediately tried to log out. I'm not even sure if I'm dead honestly.

There absolutely needs to be a way to turn out all of the spell and weather effects in my view. Sure they look nice and I appreciate what the design and art teams are doing but it's also ruining my gaming experience. First I couldn't group with others, now I can't even play solo.
Grouping is carebear mode. Add a "/players x" command a la Diablo II.
I hear you, mate, and I feel with you.

I play hardcore too, and fed my first nemesis character to dominus. I could hear my mate who played with me shouting "YOU'RE DYING" but there was nothing i could do, not even log off. My framerate is mostly fine at around 20, temporarily dropping down a little if there are a lot of effects simultaneously, but the dominus fight is impossible for me because of the lag, sitting at 1 fps-slideshows.

I'd be happy to turn off any fancy effects just for that fight and play in 640*480 for a few minutes, just for that fight and I'd be even happier if that gets implemented, f. ex. an option for "shitty computer" yes-no box :-)

I might have to buy my way through dominus and cuddle in the corner to let someone else kill him. But where's the fun in that :D
"
Kiedel wrote:
I hear you, mate, and I feel with you.

I play hardcore too, and fed my first nemesis character to dominus. I could hear my mate who played with me shouting "YOU'RE DYING" but there was nothing i could do, not even log off. My framerate is mostly fine at around 20, temporarily dropping down a little if there are a lot of effects simultaneously, but the dominus fight is impossible for me because of the lag, sitting at 1 fps-slideshows.

Which are your PC specs? Are you playing on lowest settings?
The thing is that if you are getting only 20 fps playing solo - it is time to get a better PC, PoE is not such a demanding game to cause such low framerate in normal areas.
The only thing which will make it possible is either playing on an old notebook with shitty Intel integrated graphics, or playing on a 8 or more year old PC.
Even a 500$ PC could run it at around 50-60 fps.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Oct 28, 2013, 5:22:14 AM
I got exlactly the same problem,

I play on a game laptop BTO of 3,500 E was the top of the line half year ago.

got a gtx 680M I7 and 16 gb aand ssd specially for loadig in path of exile.

Even for desktop this a really good setup.

And I have fps isue with dominus i die with my lvl 37 scion. Couldnt see what happen in the last face.

And with my dual totem i needed a friend to help cuz 4 fps isnt that great after last face as you need to face tank it. I barely made it. And im so afraid to do it in the next levels.

This is a kind of some memory leaks or something lets hope thy foxt it.

As for the desync we have the same problems at the beginning of close beta so im use to it, but yeah its a lot latetly.

Only thing i can say that usually GGG fixt a lot of problem really fast. Even the desync problem will never disaper completly i hope that they fix the fps problems in Dominus.

I wonder how people can kill it...

Greetings Samsite

Yea I'm running into the same thing. I keep a stable 30fps throughout the game and I get massive steady spikes of 10-15FPS here, even after killing the boss. Is there any fix for this??? Tried changing resolutions, turning down graphics, makes no difference.
i have the same issue
does anyone know of a way to lower the spell/weather effects in the game?
or any way to optimize for a smoother gameplay experience?
any help would be appreciated
Having the same issue running an Asus laptop with HD Graphics 3000. I force my FPS down to 25-30 and have no problems 95% of the time in groups of 3 or smaller. For some reason, as said above, even after all monsters and Dominus are dead this tiny little area still cuts me to 5-10 FPS. Why is this? It's incredibly frustrating to lose half a level before having to ragequit simply because I CAN'T MOVE!

Tried all the suggestions of turning graphics down etc. I get no change, always drops to 5-10 FPS at the Scepter of God fight. Please halp!
Meant to say my frame rate stays at 30, not 20, and that's manually capped to keep my laptop from getting too hot and to help prevent spiking.

My specs.

Asus Laptop
Windows 7 64bit
8 gig RAM
Dual-core i5-2410M 2.3ghz with hyperthreading
HD Graphics 3000

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info