Pure Fire Marauder with AoF

Hi there!

With the release and the new version of Avatar of Fire I thought this would be the best opportunity to rebuild my BM marauder as a pure fire marauder.

My intention is to use Avatar of Fire (of course),
infernal blow as main attack with fire penetration, melee splash, elemental damage, melee physical damage
sweep with life gain on hit as second attackt (if life gets low) and added fire damage,
leap slam with increased chances to stun and endurance charge on stun for moving
and the new trigger gem Cast on damage taken with molten shell and enduring cry (or whatever the gem is called exactly)

With infernal blow i convert 100% of physial damage to fire and with the passive tree I increase physical and fire damage. So it should work fine?
I am not sure about life leech, though. Because that is based on physical damage which I dont do any more. And life gain on hit for main attack is probably not the best (thats why i intend to use sweep sometimes).

My build will look like this:
AoF Marauder

Any advice so far? I have no experience with Avatar of Fire, so I am a bit anxious to do something wrong.
And should I really use Resolute TEchnique? I dont have much dexterity, so hitting can be a problem. But wtih so much fire damage it could be nice to crit to let the enemies burn... or is it possible to ignite enemies with the "chance to ignite" support even if I dont crit? opinions are welcome. :-)
Should I use an aura? 60% of life is quite hefty, even when reduced to 30%.
Last edited by entomogant on Oct 25, 2013, 6:57:08 AM
Chance to ignite on passives/gems/gear will still work even if you don't crit. The flammability curse will help.
Thanks a lot. I think I will try that build.

Although it would be great if someone has some experience on the Resolute Technique / Fire damage and Blood magic / Aura issues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info