Path of Exile focus group on 10 November: Skype

UPDATED - NOW TO BE HELD ON SKYPE: Please read below

Chris and Grinding Gear Games have kindly allowed me to conduct a research investigation into Path of Exile as part of my Business Management degree at the University of Waikato.

The purpose of my investigation is to examine the role consumer behaviour has on the decision to purchase goods from the virtual store (a.k.a 'micro-transactions'). In order to obtain rich and in-depth data, i'm going to hold a focus group of 6-8 people. A focus group is a 30-45 minute discussion that revolves around several key questions. The focus group will run at 11am NEW ZEALAND TIME on Saturday the 10th of November. .

The focus group will now be held online using Skype or Google Hangouts (depending on participants preferences) at the same time (11am Saturday 10th November)

Of the 6-8 participants, i am looking for:
- 2 Early Access / Supporter players
- 2 Kiwi / Bronze players
- 2 Silver / Gold players
- 1-2 Diamond players (if possible)

All participants must know what micro-transactions are and preferably have purchased them before (in other games). Will also require a computer microphone (preferably camera) to participate

Please PM me with your pre-purchase level and Skype username if you are available and interested in participating, I would be extremely grateful :). I will PM you all back with more details prior to the online meeting including a few screening questions.

Thank you in advance to anyone willing to help me,

To those who have already PM'd me prior to this update, i have replied to you all. Thanks

Last edited by fallward on Nov 20, 2015, 5:22:22 PM
Really interesting idea, nice.

I would love to help out, but being in Wellington makes that kinda difficult! You haven't considered using something like Google Hangouts/Skype to potentially up the available numbers?

Hangouts could be a nice option as you could record (Hangout Air) so you could revisit at a later stage.
Do you serve a purpose, or purposely serve?
When in doubt inside your atavistic allure, the value of a summer spent,
And a winter earned.
"
SirSelim wrote:
Hangouts could be a nice option as you could record (Hangout Air) so you could revisit at a later stage.

Definitely something worth considering.

Good luck.
Forum Sheriff
Wish I could be there, but I'm both not in NZ and busy that day (Supanova up in Brisbane, big ole nerd convention).

Were I not, I'd probably look into flying over that weekend. (I've been dying for an excuse to do so!)

Best of luck in your research. :)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
Wish I could be there, but I'm both not in NZ and busy that day (Supanova up in Brisbane, big ole nerd convention).

Were I not, I'd probably look into flying over that weekend. (I've been dying for an excuse to do so!)

Best of luck in your research. :)

Haha, Charan that's awesome. I love the sense of community in this game. :)
Do you serve a purpose, or purposely serve?
When in doubt inside your atavistic allure, the value of a summer spent,
And a winter earned.
Rory Pm you details :)
"
Charan wrote:

You could fly me over, I've got plenty of spare time. :-)
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Diamond players, fly to Auckland on your purchased Kiwis and UNITE
Just a little suggestion Rory - if you don't get enough participants from that area you could make it a skype conference, so the potencial number of people who can participate will increase ;)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Hamiltons way up there ... and I am not... :( coulda been fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info