Hard disk space requied

How much space is requied to upgrade PoE to full version. I have old version client, and there is 4,2 GB folder. When I click PoE after checking resources show me error: Not enough space on the disk. I have 10 GB free space.
Same problem here , i have 17 Gb free on my os disk ( C:\ ) and 372gb free on my external disk where i had installed my games ... and had same error when lauch Poe ... and steam also tell me not enough space ...

So i reinstall Poe , and it is on phase allocating Space ( why it takes so long ? )
... and exception again "not enough space" ....
At which stage of the install do you get the "not enough space" error?

Are you running the Setup as adminsitrator (right-click and select "Run as Administrator")?
Also how is your HDD formatted fat32 or NTFS?
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Oct 24, 2013, 11:12:54 AM
"
Drakier wrote:
At which stage of the install do you get the "not enough space" error?

Are you running the Setup as adminsitrator (right-click and select "Run as Administrator")?

During allocating space ( 80% ) , was so long i didn't look all time ... maybe at end before downloading i think ...

running as normal user not admin

HDD :

C: OS disk windows 7 is NTFS 17.5Go free on 56go total
I: external disk via usb3 , FAT32 ( Diablo3 , Wakfu, Path of exile bêta, Stam library ( Dota2, TF2, Flynn ) )

Trying installing by bêta Steam on i:\steamlibrary has same problem of "not enough space " but quickly ...

PS: maybe is the calculating of my external disk which is wrong , i just now begin install via steam on c:\jeux\steamlibrary and it is downloading files ...
Last edited by Arialia on Oct 24, 2013, 11:42:45 AM
FAT32 is your problem.

It only supports 4GB file size max.

Content.ggpk is WELL over 4GB in size.

You can only install to a NTFS partition or similar (something that supports files larger than 4GB).

Sorry.

Edit: for future reference, you should avoid FAT32 when you can. It's an antiquated FS and has severe limitations.
Last edited by Drakier on Oct 24, 2013, 12:17:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info