No Currency Drops

Posted this thread in the gameplay forums (oops?). Copy pasting it here in hopes for a GGG Response.

So I've been leveling a new character on softcore on this second account so I can rush myself and my buddy through acts when he starts playing with me soon. However, I've been struggling with this ridiculous issue.

I am level 42 currently, and I have not seen a scroll (ID or TP) or ANY currency (Transmutes,alts,chaos,alchs,nothing) drop since my early 30s. This has made it VERY difficult for me. In order to ID rares I've been finding, I've had to sell the few alteration orbs I've acquired from selling rares for wisdom scrolls. I haven't had a town portal scroll in over 10 levels.

I know a lot of people are going to come in here and state things like "You outlevel the zone to much" ect. I've personally deemed this to be not the case. You do in fact recieve a penalty on currency drops if you outlevel a zone to drastically - and originally, I thought thats what my problem was. I grinded docks till about 37 in normal (Hardcore habit >.>). After I begun to really feel the pain of not having had any currency drops, I decided to rush through act 3 to try to get to cruel difficulty so I could start seeing currency drops again.

I got through the rest of A3 with zero currency drops, came into A1Cruel.

Same problem. This time I know its not because I out level zones. The penalty only kicks in if you are more than 2 levels above a zone. I was level 40 in a 38 and 39 zone and still saw zero currency/scroll drops. I quested all the way through act 1 cruel, again with out seeing a single scroll drop. I am now in Act 2 Cruel and this problem has aggravated me enough that I've been forced to post here regarding the problem.

I understand that RNG is RNG, but not having seen one single scroll or currency drop in over 2 acts is beyond bad RNG. Just to make sure I wasn't crazy, I logged onto my main account and did a little bit of grinding on my 77 and some lower chars and was able to receive currency and scrolls quickly, with no issues. I've leveled enough chars over 40 to know when something is messed up with my drop rates.

While I've been looking into this problem I've noted several other people have said they also have experienced similar issues after trading items from one account to another. I did exactly that, I traded some rip'd HC items to this account to help speed up my leveling. Perhaps GGG is flagging accounts automatically that make "strange trades" to help prevent RMT? I suppose its a possibility that I got flagged in error?

Making this thread here is my last hope, as I no longer no where else to look. Please let me know if there is any other information you need from me to help solve this issue.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
There have been maybe 3/4 reports of this since the game went to open beta and it's something i've never experienced.(and those had nothing about anomalous trades)

No idea what is being done differently for those that suffer it and nor do GGG.

Almost all the ones that have posted about it had went back to normal after a while/patch.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I've had this for a couple of days. No currency, no rares etc at all.

I even started a new toon and leveled up a few levels and not even a scroll fragment.
I think it happens if you play too long in a day, I find I get my best drops for the first hour a day.

[Edit] Loots like it's just happening to people botting, lol, silly buggers.
Last edited by jeracoo on Oct 30, 2013, 8:51:54 AM
I have been experiencing the EXACT same thing with my scion. Level 53 and not one currency drop unless I am in multiplayer.
"
Ether22 wrote:
I have been experiencing the EXACT same thing with my scion. Level 53 and not one currency drop unless I am in multiplayer.

Are you botting/hacking? If so then that would be why! if not, then send an email to Support.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info