Gamma Issue In VMware

It would seem unless there is some kind of text overlay up, gamma is overly bright. If text is overlayed though (hover over a button/spell), all seems to be well.

Broken:

Good (after hovering over the Create button):

Any ideas as to how this could be fixed? I've tried Guild Wars 2 earlier, and don't experience this (totally different game, but just pointing out it doesn't happen with all games).
Path of Exile in Eyefinity: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1320584
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Gamma seems fine when the Host OS is Linux, so I assume the gamma issue is related to the Host's graphics driver and/or however VMware handles it.
Path of Exile in Eyefinity: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1320584
Yes, Ive noticed the exact same problem.

Im attempting to diagnose it as well, since VMWare's SGVA 3D Driver is superior to VirtualBox's Direct 3D.

Would be nice if we had some way to adjust the gamma, as this also appears to effect the VMware environment itself, adjusting the brightness of the desktop icons and taskbar as well.
Ive attempted the following:

1. Reverted to VMware version 3x, same problem
2. Changed Drivers to Microsofts VMWare SVGA 3D WDDM Driver, same problem.

As this gamma seems to be an exlusive issue; only occurs when a text tooltip is NOT being displayed, this is most likely an issue with PoE graphics calls and not the Virtualization Software.

Essentially, this is GGG's issue.
It is most likely they did not intend for their game to be run within virtual environments under a native windows OS, since this issue does not appear to be a problem under Linux Host OS's running their compiled version of VMware.
Last edited by OmniDo on Nov 5, 2013, 12:30:54 AM
any fixes on this?
any fix?
i am having this issue as well - any idea how to prevent this?
i'm using VMWare 7, there is no problem with gamma. i using another host with VMWare 9 and i have gamma problem on it. i using VMWare in work because i can't install anything to work PC but i can run VMWare image :D
email: incarnath@pathofexile.eu
Last edited by Incarnath on Jan 27, 2014, 2:15:26 AM
Fixed in VMWare 12.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info