This is a standard (non-hardcore) party Cutthroat.
A summary of Cutthroat rules:
- This is a separate short-duration league that has its own stash (as usual). At the end of the event, characters and stashed items will be moved to Hardcore.
- There's a PvP damage multiplier because players start with a lot more life than they do damage. This multiplier will be adjusted substantially based on feedback from this event and others.
- Players are hostile by default to players who are not in their party.
- You can ctrl+click on the entrance to an area to use the Instance Management screen to manually enter any other player's instance of an area.
- Cut-throat instances can hold a maximum of 12 players.
- When you die you drop all inventory and equipped items. Your flasks, skill gems (even ones in your inventory) and quest items are not dropped.
- If you were killed by another player, your lost experience is split among their party.
- If you attempt to abruptly leave the game in a non-town instance, you have to wait 5 seconds and are unable to move or use flasks.
- The grace period of invulnerability upon entering an area is 20 seconds. This should start once the player is mostly done loading.
- Non-partied players only show up on the map if they're nearby.
- There are no notifications for players joining or leaving areas.
- Portals cannot be used until they have been up for five seconds.
- You cannot apply microtransaction effects to items in cut-throat. You may dance and have pets.
Posted by GGG_Neon
on Oct 14, 2013 6:38:13 PM
Grinding Gear Games
This is a standard
(non-hardcore) party Cutthroat.
At the end of the event, characters and stashed items will be moved to Hardcore
My wishlist: Hi-res digital artbook with sketches and all items and alternate artwork
Add forum trading
Allow spaces in character names
Posted by Pesegato
on Oct 17, 2013 8:12:44 AM
Was an interesting race, even though I died we still managed to recover & continue on.
2 people were in our team, tried to ambush people while fighting brutus but got slaughtered since it was really obvious we were coming.
We caught up at merveil and ambushed them again at that boss, that time we won =P (and we got some of our stuff back)
Got slaughtered again just before sins because I went off alone, but he only took my amulet / belt so it was easy to continue.
Posted by Metronomy
on Oct 17, 2013 9:06:17 AM