Your Crafting Resource Guide

Thanks Spud :)

Another update: added chromatic orbs, fusing orbs and jewellers orbs to the OP. i think it should be done now! let me know if i left anything out guys :)
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
It's looking great! GJ
Nice post.

Good for newbies.

I pretty much knew all this, except for details on prefix and suffix.

I'm just always poor.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
Another thing regarding fusings/jewelers:

You have better chances to hit 5-links on a 6-socket item than 5-links on a 5-sockets item.
So if you want 5-links is better to socket your item to 6-sockets using jeweler orbs (ofc with the regards to minimum ilvl that an item needs to have in order to spawn 6-sockets). This can get you, probably in very very very low cases, to hit 6-links before hitting 5-links ... but you have to be very very very lucky ofc :)

This was specified/addressed by the devs but I dont remember in which topic.
Just for the sake of completion you should add the Mirror as well. Although it is rather straightforward that it duplicates an item, some beginners might not be aware of the fact that not even socket colours can be changed on a mirrored item.
"
mobutu wrote:
You have better chances to hit 5-links on a 6-socket item than 5-links on a 5-sockets item.

This is true because of the way that the game assigns link groups one at a time. You have the chance to roll a 5L as your first group but if you roll an unlinked socket as your first group then you still have a second chance to roll a 5L as your second group. Of course, using a 6 socket item only increases the probability of rolling a 5L by a percent or two at most but every bit counts.
Forum Sheriff
Last edited by tpapp157 on Oct 20, 2012, 10:38:09 AM
"
mobutu wrote:
Another thing regarding fusings/jewelers:

So if you want 5-links is better to socket your item to 6-sockets using jeweler orbs (ofc with the regards to minimum ilvl that an item needs to have in order to spawn 6-sockets). This can get you, probably in very very very low cases, to hit 6-links before hitting 5-links ... but you have to be very very very lucky ofc :)

Happened to me last night. Used 250 fusings never got a 5L

Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
damn. typical slurms luck eh slurms?

Also, updated the crafting 5Ls on 6S tip under socket/linking and added a mirror of kalandra section. (my favourite)
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Very good post. +1 internets.
very nice ty

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info