Ledge Statistics S04

Taken from all the Endless Ledge races where there were no unusual rules.
Events: 3, 6, 18, 45, 59, 72, 78, 84, 116, 119, 128, 139
(12 total)
Only the top 20 players for each class were considered, results averaged across all 12 races. This is a chart comparing the classes:

The race winners are pulling away from the pack in Endless Ledge more than they were able to do in Descent S03. With the exception of Duelist, winners always got at least 3x experience compared to 20th place. The average experience of players in top 20 is much closer to 20th place than it is to the winner.

Class Analysis:
Duelist ended up being the 2nd worst class in Endless Ledge, yet is still the most played, and most competitive to reach the class ladder.

Ranger and Templar are about tied at the top, but Rangers seem to die less so they're probably the safer pick.

Shadows and Witches have the potential to reach nearly as high as the best classes, but the pack isn't competing very hard. There are some opportunities for those who can use these underplayed classes.

Marauder performed the worst, but was also the least popular class. Poor guy.
Nice
The answer is simple:
Ranged is always safer than melee.
Lack of Support Gems and Gem rewards make the usual classes perform badly.
Give duelist Hartred/Mara Leap Slam, wed, ls, hatred etc and the melee classes will do better.

In endless ledge you end up getting a totally blocked elem weakness coldsnap, ele dmg zone and as melee rushing/fighting is way harder than sit back and fire some poison arrows other ranged spells.

In the end it all comes down to lucky mob rolls.

If you have bad rolls in zones you must level up you will do bad.

"
Hilbert wrote:
Ranged is always safer than melee.
Lack of Support Gems and Gem rewards make the usual classes perform badly.
Give duelist Hartred/Mara Leap Slam, wed, ls, hatred etc and the melee classes will do better.

In endless ledge you end up getting a totally blocked elem weakness coldsnap, ele dmg zone and as melee rushing/fighting is way harder than sit back and fire some poison arrows other ranged spells.

Endless Ledge balance should reveal more about passive node balance than skill gem balance because everybody gets the same gems. And on that note, it looks like the reign of the Duelist may be drawing to an end. Witch results were also rather surprising, as there appears to be a consensus that Witches have poor nodes for racing. If more people were playing Witch, the increased competition might have pushed those results up even further, and the same goes for Shadow. I'm not surprised the Marauder did badly, but I was a bit surprised at just how badly.

Maybe gem color is relevant, in which case Strength gems seem to be providing weakest results (Templar is only Strength class that performs well) and Dex gems are providing best results (Duelist is only Dex class with bad results). There doesn't seem to be any path to success for Strength builds when Leap Slam is not in the environment. But Cleave is still OP, right?

"
In the end it all comes down to lucky mob rolls.

If you have bad rolls in zones you must level up you will do bad.

This seems like a pretty good explanation for how the winners are getting so much further ahead in this mode. Good luck can be leveraged more effectively in this mode than in others.
ice nova / fire trap aoe nodes with dual strike for single target
I got 25 once or twice I think, if you can get past lvl 8 as templar, it's mostly smooth sailing
mob composition is far more important than anything else

double post
Last edited by Pam on Oct 13, 2013, 3:16:16 PM
"
Endless Ledge balance should reveal more about passive node balance than skill gem balance because everybody gets the same gems. And on that note, it looks like the reign of the Duelist may be drawing to an end.

The duelist is a glass cannon.

High damage, low ability to take damage at low levels.(One reason I don't really like the duelist because he is really vulnerable to stun/desync)

Also you don't understand the power of AoE nodes with IceNova+FT, making early game easy for templars and witches(unless horrible mobseeds->RIP Rate)

With the EL gem selection the cleave templar always has the advantage since he can use Icenova to chill mobs.
A Duelist relies on Hatred/Leapslam

I have the most wins for normal EL, as a marauder as well. Its the worst class in terms of tree at this point, and is due for an upgrade like Duelist\Ranger got.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
EL is all about drop and spawn rng. Those deviations youre seeing are almost certainly derived from who got the nice rares with a load of zombies / melee skeletons / monkeys / tiny spiders zones compared to those who got stuck with white items, didnt find flask upgrades, and had every zone crammed with grapplers / arc mages / exploders / coldsnappers etc. Class likely has next to nothing to do with it.
IGN: KoTao
"
KoTao wrote:
EL is all about drop and spawn rng. Those deviations youre seeing are almost certainly derived from who got the nice rares with a load of zombies / melee skeletons / monkeys / tiny spiders zones compared to those who got stuck with white items, didnt find flask upgrades, and had every zone crammed with grapplers / arc mages / exploders / coldsnappers etc. Class likely has next to nothing to do with it.

If class had nothing to do with it, then the classes that were played the most would have the best results due to volume of players. That's not the case.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info