Passive skills and summons

Do passive skills like increased fire damage, bonuses to maximum life, increased chance for critical strikes, increased chance to ignite, evasion bonuses and increased energy shield get passed to:

- my minions??
- my totems??
- my mines??

There seems to be a huge grey area there.
"
Ladderjack wrote:
Do passive skills like increased fire damage, bonuses to maximum life, increased chance for critical strikes, increased chance to ignite, evasion bonuses and increased energy shield get passed to:

- my minions??
- my totems??
- my mines??

There seems to be a huge grey area there.

Short answer:

No

Long answer:

The only thing you can directly affect your summons with is support gems, auras and minion related passives.

Minions only inherit your magic find. So you can stack as much IIQ as you want. Although I'm not sure if minion instability uses MF.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
I notice that one of the build of the week series includes a templar that uses Spark on a Spell Totem to trigger Elemental Equilibrium. How do I know which skills will make the cut??
"
Ladderjack wrote:
I notice that one of the build of the week series includes a templar that uses Spark on a Spell Totem to trigger Elemental Equilibrium. How do I know which skills will make the cut??

Totems are different to mininons. Should have read your post properly.

Totems will inherit all your passive points. Eg. fire damage will affect totems, increased aura will affect aura totems etc.

Traps/mines are a skill, and are affected by any relating stat. Fire trap will be affected by fire etc.

I'm not quite sure what can increase damage of traps beyond simple passives, so if someone could chip in...
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
It's important to distinguish between skills and remote support gems that use your skills.

First off, like Mark always says: "you are not your minions/totems/mines and your minions/totems/mines are not you". To increase minion or totem life you need to pick passives that specifically increase minion or totem life.

Minions and remote skills like Shockwave Totem or Fire Trap are skills, and so are affected by relevant support gems like increased minion life or added lightning damage. Nothing strange there.

As for the totem/trap/mine support gems, their stats are also only affected by passives that explicitly affect them (like totem life). The only difference here is that a Spell Totem support uses your spell, so anything applying to those spells will still work when it's casted by the totem. Same goes for the Trap and Remote Mine support gems.
Last edited by hubb on Oct 16, 2012, 5:34:22 PM
"
hubb wrote:
The only difference here is that a Spell Totem support uses your spell, so anything applying to those spells will still work when it's casted by the totem.

This was what I was looking for. Thanks so much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info