Give the ranger decoy totem

I don't even have words to express how fed up I am with getting steamrolled by turbo bosses because I fail 3+ evasion checks in a row.

Please try and work in decoy totem into early ranger rewards. It seems like the glyph wall is where it's typically given, and the choice between rain of arrows/decoy totem/viper strike would be acceptable in my opinion. I would like to see viper strike and/or whirling blades offered up in some other places as well though.

Seems rather unfair that templar, marauder (all right maybe not marauder, this gimp needs all the help he can get) and duelist get to freestyle disco all over bosses because of the totems, while a more fragile version of the same style of combatant is left without any way to take heat off of itself.

tldr: Give ranger decoy totem or cast turbo back into the fiery pits of hell where you found it.

edit: Is what the weaver shoots basically EK? Or is it an attack? I never looked into it really. If it's ek, then that's just brilliant. After being chained 2-3 times, if you somehow survive and try to get away you're hit with something you again, won't dodge.

Last edited by boof on Oct 9, 2013, 3:41:27 AM
There's something wrong with ranger quest rewards overall, I hope it's getting looked at for the release.
In turbo decoy totem won't help though it's usually dead before the end of the casting animation.
I think itd be better to fix the bow/quiver progression and cleave balance issues so would-be competitive rangers arent forced to melee in the first place.

Im surely not the only one who misses having a bow-viable class available for races.
IGN: KoTao
"
KoTao wrote:
I think itd be better to fix the bow/quiver progression and cleave balance issues so would-be competitive rangers arent forced to melee in the first place.

Im surely not the only one who misses having a bow-viable class available for races.

This. If they fixed bow/quivers in general, ranger wouldn't even need a decoy totem to begin with (though Brutus on turbo is going to be insanely hard).

I think giving ranger decoy would just be another soft buff to melee, while still not fixing the inherent problems with bows and quivers that force all rangers to do melee in the first place.

I usually agree with all of your posts boof, but this time I think you got it a little wrong, what needs to be fixed is bow ranger, another soft buff to melee ranger would only help melee rangers, but not really benefit bow rangers at all (which is the class or playstyle that needs buffs the most).

Though I could see decoy totem be useful for bow rangers vs. brutus (I personally am not a huge fan of decoy totems on turbo though, because they always seem to get killed in one shot anyway), I would much rather see them buff bow rangers directly.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Oct 9, 2013, 6:10:44 AM
"
Pam wrote:
There's something wrong with ranger quest rewards overall, I hope it's getting looked at for the release.
In turbo decoy totem won't help though it's usually dead before the end of the casting animation.

It would help a ton dude. I've played duelist, templar and marauder in turbos, and spamming totem and getting a few hits in is a faceroll compared to fighting bosses without a decoy.

I agree that bow ranger needs a fix, we've all established that in other posts. That's a more complicated fix however, while this is something that could be done on lunch break by anyone at ggg, and would make turbo life more bearable and less of a dice roll.
Pretty good idea!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info