Cutthroat Rankings based on K/D

What do you think if CT goes back to being SC event and the rankings are made based on your Kills/Deaths. And by that I mean you get points for kills, and you lose some for dying. But to make it not just about who has the most kills, every kill should give a certain amount of points. For example: You kill someone on your level - you get 5 points. You kill someone 5 lvls lower you get 2 points. But if you kill someone lets say 10 lvls lower you lose 3 points. You die you lose 2 points.
This way it will be about PVP-ing, not about who farms Sins...

Anything is better than what they have in place now (ie nothing).

I personally thought you should accumulate points based on the amount of levels you've slain (ie kill a level 10 and a level 13, you have 23 points), with a steep penalty for fighting below your level, and bonus for fighting above.
Though this system may discourage fighting among lower levels.
"
boof wrote:
I personally thought you should accumulate points based on the amount of levels you've slain (ie kill a level 10 and a level 13, you have 23 points), with a steep penalty for fighting below your level, and bonus for fighting above.
Though this system may discourage fighting among lower levels.

I like. Fighting at low levels still give a lot of xp and gear. And no matter what, it is a balance between when to pvp and when to pve, somewhat similar to the balance between killing and running in non CT races. I think the idea is worth a try.

Killing players in Ledge might only net you 4-7 points per kill,but a good chunk of gear and a 30% of a level. Optimally, you would want to kill as many high level players as possible but killing one here and there early on may very well be the best choice.

1-2 kills before Brutus, 3-4 between Brutus and Merveil and then a lot in act 2 (in a 1 hour CT) could very well be the winning course.
A simple level restriction or heavily reduced monster EXP such as +4 level mobs only giving 1/3 of the experience would be far better.

I prefer Solo CT anyway because the game is too dead to create bigger parties.
something definitely needs to change. rather than giving points out at all maybe there should be some sort of k/d list for each account so you can still flex your epeen even if theres no real rewards. CTs should not be grouped in same ladder as regular "lvling" races

also slightly offtopic its pretty obvious the current "only hardcore" CTs isnt working out very well atm since its really hard to notice invades / theres no restriction to what lvl can invade you. yesterday in CT i was keeping tab minimap open all the time + keeping track of entrances but i still somehow managed to miss the invade by multiple people... the small red mark just gets lost in all the shit thats going on your screen while youre moving

edit: was thinking that maybe there should be some sort of coloured flash on the borders of your screen someone invades... like increasingly brighter/deeper red depending on the lvl of invader and additional white flash for each person afterwards (for party CTs). might make invades too clear so just a raw idea without much though behind it.
Last edited by janimauk on Sep 28, 2013, 8:07:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info