[theorycraft]BattleMage attempt; Fire templar

This is a 111 build, I need help in defining it ( was thinking about dropping IR but since I take US...)

this is how the build works;
LS/GS+IB+AFD+etc.
and
Molten shell+IW
and
FireS/FireB+Totem+GMP/LMP+IW+ etc.

anger, wrath, grace

this is possible because 1 with alot of STR iron will will boost the spells so much, 2 they are even more boosted by the fire damage, 3 the staffs often have spell damage fixs in them, 4 I can level easy with ground slam in the first levels while my int gems level, and both totem, IW, and all the skills/spells I need are templar quest rewards(aside gmp/lmp, faster casting and faster attacks)

Ideas on how to bring it to 80-90 points?
Last edited by kadrek91 on Oct 7, 2012, 12:45:24 PM
I'm considering something very similar, can be found in this thread (including my proposed skill trees).

In my case I drop blood magic and iron reflexes - don't get me wrong, these are good keystones, but I've got them for my life leech maruder so I wanted to try something different. However, that made me think - you also take resolute technique so the only thing that really require dexterity is GMP/LMP, is it worth it?

GMP/LMP will increase your fire totem damage (as well as skill price!), but so will elemental & fire damage increases, but these will also work well with infernal blow, molten shell, Fire-ball and -storm. Also, less dexterity = more strength so better iron will, life and phys damage. Would recommend experimenting with dropping the whole trip to the dualist/ranger part of the skill and instead go for more fire/elemental damage and life/mana towards witch territory in the skill tree (also, get some armour increases in the templar/maruder part which you skipped).

You might also want to take a look at increased buff effect in witch area, it will increase Molten shell, anger and wrath (not sure about the last 2).

IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen
"
piotras wrote:
I'm considering something very similar, can be found in this thread (including my proposed skill trees).

In my case I drop blood magic and iron reflexes - don't get me wrong, these are good keystones, but I've got them for my life leech maruder so I wanted to try something different. However, that made me think - you also take resolute technique so the only thing that really require dexterity is GMP/LMP, is it worth it?

GMP/LMP will increase your fire totem damage (as well as skill price!), but so will elemental & fire damage increases, but these will also work well with infernal blow, molten shell, Fire-ball and -storm. Also, less dexterity = more strength so better iron will, life and phys damage. Would recommend experimenting with dropping the whole trip to the dualist/ranger part of the skill and instead go for more fire/elemental damage and life/mana towards witch territory in the skill tree (also, get some armour increases in the templar/maruder part which you skipped).

You might also want to take a look at increased buff effect in witch area, it will increase Molten shell, anger and wrath (not sure about the last 2).

RT because I don't want to miss anything and I don't need to crit, and gmp/lmp greatly increase fires/fireb damage so I will not give that up, idem for US/IR, gives so much def with so little effort(maybe only to give up some points if I need something else).
I will not take random STR nodes just for IW, i have already alot by it and I will have more by the equip.
Last edited by kadrek91 on Oct 7, 2012, 12:29:56 PM
I understand the use of RT, but increasing dexterity with RT is counter productive.

Are you sure that it is worth it putting priority in LMP over fire damage in 'fire templar' build? You've skipped one fire damage increase in the maruder area, all in the templar area and with 4 points which you plan to spend on dexterity you could be next to two big clusters of fire damage in the witch area (and get some mana in the process). You can always use LMP at a lower level, but you can't get fire damage increase back.
Last edited by piotras on Oct 7, 2012, 12:24:25 PM
"
piotras wrote:
I understand the use of RT, but increasing dexterity with RT is counter productive.

Are you sure that it is worth it putting priority in LMP over fire damage in 'fire templar' build? You've skipped one fire damage increase in the maruder area, all in the templar area and with 4 points which you plan to spend on dexterity you could be next to two big clusters of fire damage in the witch area (and get some mana in the process). You can always use LMP at a lower level, but you can't get fire damage increase back.

the little dex I take is for IR..
going to those clusters will cost me alot of points, and gmp+lmp = alot of fb/fs, and at higher level the damage increases, so it will be alot of balls with good damage instead of 1 with extremely high damage
the only thing is fire damage improves AFD, anger, FB...
And I don't need mana, I'd spend more points like that, since I already stack hp and hp regene I may aswell take BM, thats why it is worthless to me to take alot of int; I need INT and DEX only for the spells and support gems, everything is built on STR(iron will too; INT does not give spell damage, but mana wich i dont use, and ES wich i dont use)) and the fire damage.
Good luck with that! Keep us posted on how it goes.
"
piotras wrote:
Good luck with that! Keep us posted on how it goes.

I don't have a computer right now(it broke), I'll pay when possible :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info