Any changes to Combat Targeting yet?

Hi guys , been a few months since i been around, and i notice a whole lot of little patch notes, but i cant seem to locate anything on combat targeting.

One of my only problems, and why i quit playing , was due to how clunky targeting was. So im curious, has anything improved on this front , or same boat?

Either way, im gonna bust a bit o time tonight and figured i would just see if anyone knew much about this.

Thanks, Cheers.
GGG - Why you no?
You click things and they die. You click areas and if things are in those areas they die.

I'm not sure how targeting is clunky. Could you elaborate? It sounds to me like you're talking about desync more than anything.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
He might be talking about the hitbox for enemies. Some enemies are a bit hard to click on, like the snakes for instance.

I don't know how long ago that it changed, but I remember a dev saying that the hitbox had been increased for at least 1 monster type because of complaints that it was hard to click on. I'm thinking that may have been a couple months ago? So combat targeting might feel a bit better now, at least for the enemies that were the worst offenders.
"
You click things and they die. You click areas and if things are in those areas they die.

Best reply ever, thanks.

Yea , i found the hit boxes were really annoying on some creatures. I also found it a little odd that while most modern games of this genre have progressed to an auto capture targeting system, this game still desired me to click click click my heart away.

Not as young as i once was, the hands really felt it.

Anyways, thanks guys, im gonna dive in and have a go tonight. All in all, the game is awsome, but i can only handle small doses due to this one single issue.

Cheers.
GGG - Why you no?
"
Axebane wrote:
He might be talking about the hitbox for enemies. Some enemies are a bit hard to click on, like the snakes for instance.

I don't know how long ago that it changed, but I remember a dev saying that the hitbox had been increased for at least 1 monster type because of complaints that it was hard to click on. I'm thinking that may have been a couple months ago? So combat targeting might feel a bit better now, at least for the enemies that were the worst offenders.
Haha yeah so true xD man lol.
"
WillC wrote:
"

Best reply ever, thanks.

Yea , i found the hit boxes were really annoying on some creatures. I also found it a little odd that while most modern games of this genre have progressed to an auto capture targeting system, this game still desired me to click click click my heart away.

Anyways, thanks guys, im gonna dive in and have a go tonight. All in all, the game is awsome, but i can only handle small doses due to this one single issue.

Cheers.

Well I tend to be snarky, but your question was just a bit vague for me. I've played TQ, D2, and I'm unsure what you mean by "modern games have progressed to add a capture targeting system". What is this system? Could you go into detail? If it's something you think POE should have, post it in beta feedback.

This isn't... world of warcraft. Are you talking about being able to tab through targets? Because that system would probably suck for POE. Such a system wouldn't work in an isometric-style ARPG, because the game can't contextually get the angle you want, in order to rapidly shift through enemies.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Oct 5, 2012, 10:47:34 PM
No No No , no WoW talk here, haha , sorry .

Nah , more so (really hate to bring up other games but) , TL2 , and D3 both have an auto capture targeting system. This is , where you click once to initiate combat, and than without ever releasing, you can just hover over your next target, and as it dies, you aquire your next target. Its makes life alot easier on us old bone brittle bastads :P

Anyways, no worries bout your comment :P And as i said , this is entirely a personal preference thing, but it kinda sucks for me , cause this game has so much cool goin on it, but i find im very limited by the number of clicks i can hack before i just feel fatigued.

Either way though , im sure i will be playing it , even if in only small doses.

Again, thanks for replies.

Cheers.
GGG - Why you no?
Last edited by JoannaDark on Oct 5, 2012, 11:25:47 PM
"
WillC wrote:
"

Best reply ever, thanks.

Cheers.

If you play an area of effect focused character you can place you attack skills on Q-E your buffs on R-T and play the game with minimal mouse clicks.
IGN: Wrathmar * Paulie * Client
I have a few of these problems when I was trying the game at my friends house, hard to get used to at first.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info