Today's patch, digital soundtracks, a turbo test league and resistance penalties

We've finished and uploaded the Path of Exile Digital Soundtrack (in both MP3 and FLAC format). Anyone who has a $15 Supporter pack or higher is encouraged to download it from their "My Account" page. If you have a $10 Early Access pack, you can upgrade to the Supporter pack for $5 (also done on your account page) if you'd like to get the soundtrack. Yes, it does include music from act three!

Many players will be pleased to hear that we've found and fixed the bug that sometimes prevented Totems from attacking nearby monsters. This will be included in the next patch.

We're running a two-hour Turbo Hardcore test event tomorrow. We're keen to hear your feedback on this experimental mode. Note that it won't actually be a very common league type for us to run - it's just for a bit of fun occasionally.

By the way, I can confirm that based on feedback from the resistance penalty testing league:
a) The additive capped resistance system is currently being kept. Others were considered, but ruled out at this stage. This may change in the future.
b) The discussed resistance penalties on higher difficulties will be enabled probably next week.
c) The penalties will be -0/-20/-40/-60 rather than the -0/-25/-50/-75 that we tested with. We have reduced them in this first version based on feedback, but will evalulate them again later.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Oct 31, 2012, 5:41:18 AM
AWESOME
While it's great to hear about and have turbo in some form or another, I can't help but feel super disappointed that it's not going to be a permanent feature yet.
"
Flab wrote:
While it's great to hear about and have turbo in some form or another, I can't help but feel super disappointed that it's not going to be a permanent feature yet.

Maybe once it's more balanced and tested, but for now we're just adding it for fun.

We have to be careful about spamming too many permanent leagues that segregate the community and confuse new players.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Is there going to be a tree reset with the new resistance? It was one thing during the week race, I was able to plan for it then. Right now I have a bunch of characters that without a reset will need dramatic gear changes.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
I understand the reasoning fine, just sad is all.
"
Chris wrote:
"
Flab wrote:

Maybe once it's more balanced and tested, but for now we're just adding it for fun.

We have to be careful about spamming too many permanent leagues that segregate the community and confuse new players.

Maybe an option when you enter an instance to set it to Turbo mode? Would tie in amazingly well with Cut-throat because you could enter on a character that's capable of taking down Turbo mobs, but anybody who invades is going to have an unpleasant surprise, especially if there's no indicator to invaders that it's a Turbo instance.

Then the league would be "turbo is on all the time and you can't turn it off" while other leagues would have "this is an optional thing with no benefits, have fun!"
IRON MAN
"
Chris wrote:
"
Flab wrote:

Good to hear it.

Keep up the awesome work!
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
Is there any news on when we will be seeing the updated skill tree with the extra resistances nodes?
Resistance nodes were added to the tree a few patches ago, and the next passive reset will probably occur with the deployment of 0.9.13. There will be more information about when we're enabling the resistance penalties tomorrow, probably.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info