HOW CAN NOONE BE TALKING ABOUT THIS ?!

An era has come to an end, life as we once knew it is no longer...

This is a verry sad day, especially since so many people have been affected by the joy that 1 single man did manage to bring to the world...

And they do not even realize it...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/20/business/global/hiroshi-yamauchi-who-helped-drive-nintendo-into-dominance-dies-at-85.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/nintendo/10320028/Nintendos-Hiroshi-Yamauchi-dies-aged-85.html

This is.... urgh.,,

Sad :(
zzZzzzZzzZz
... because of this guy.

There is grief in wisdom, there is sorrow in truth
Yet, the heart of the wise is in the house of mourning
And by sad countenance the heart is made stonger in time
So, I embrace this burden and weep for the fools that chase the wind
He is just one of many people who made Nintendo successful. The thing that makes me not care about his death, is the fact that people are acting like he single-handedly made Nintendo successful.

Nintendo died a long time ago when they refused to compete with the other consoles and produced nothing but inferior products.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Last edited by Wraeclastian on Sep 22, 2013, 6:38:13 AM
Nintendo died in my book with the SNES. Never owned another Nintendo system since then. They took a huge change in direction, when they could have dominated the market, but instead left the door open for Sony to step in and totally dominate for 2 gaming generations. So their mistakes cost them.

The mistakes they made with the N64 was development costs as well as licensing fees were much higher than on their competitor's system. Not only that but much more data could be stored on a CD than their N64 cart, which opened up a lot more possibilities due to having more data to work with. This is what ran companies like SquareEnix, Konami and Capcom away from Nintendo. And the Nintendo executives were arrogant enough to think their first party games were good enough to carry an entire system without the help of quality 3rd party developers.

And their latest console, the Wii-U isn't a very impressive system at all. Its got last-gen specs, poor quality ports, and the 3rd party developers avoiding it like its got an STD. And the sales #s for Wii-U have been incredibly pathetic.

The Wii was a fluke; a gimmick. And wasn't a system made for real gamers. It was for kids to play, and for soccer moms to play their Wii-fit on. It sold a ton of systems for that reason. People who don't traditionally game were attracted to it for the motion control wiimote. Nintendo has no such new gimmick up its sleeve with the Wii-U, which is why its failing in an epic way. Most of the ones who bought a Wii, aren't gonna buy it. When you pull in a large casual and non-gamer crowd into buying a system, they aren't loyal customers who are going to continue to support you. Nintendo made the mistake of appealing to casuals and non-gamers and they're paying for it with the fail flop of the Wii-U.

I know Nintendo has issues when even my 11 year old nephew tells me the Wii-U is "sorta derpy". Sounds like rejection from a member of their target audience, lol!

Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Sep 22, 2013, 8:35:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info