Path of Exile - Episode 2: A Dirty Job

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBm3SAmd6ak

so my buddy jason and me have a little path of exile video series going, episode 2 was uploaded last night :)

we are both total noobs at the game so come and join us as we fumble our way through the game and let me know what you think :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBm3SAmd6ak
Last bumped on Mar 18, 2017, 9:46:45 AM
I raged when I saw you leave those nice orbs on the ground. =x
stop over moderating that makes the official forums useless
"
bchan wrote:
I raged when I saw you leave those nice orbs on the ground. =x

haha sorry... i still havnt figured out what orbs are for lol
lol @the orbs.
i like this game. i mean have you seen how powerful is the barbarian
"
Qarak wrote:
lol @the orbs.

should be i be collecting orbs? lol
"
t103Ninja wrote:
"
Qarak wrote:
lol @the orbs.

Well since you started playing, you could have at least took everything you saw on the ground and bring it in town, then examine it and if you can't come up by yourself ask in Global chat, maybe
Last edited by Qarak on Sep 21, 2013, 11:37:48 AM
"
Qarak wrote:
"
t103Ninja wrote:
"
Qarak wrote:
lol @the orbs.

Well since you started playing, you could have at least took everything you saw on the ground and bring it in town, then examine it and if you can't come up by yourself ask in Global chat, maybe

wasnt really thinking like that just wanted to play and enjoy the game with my friend
"
t103Ninja wrote:

wasnt really thinking like that just wanted to play and enjoy the game with my friend

then you're doing fine ;)
enjoying the game come first than everything
"
Qarak wrote:
"
t103Ninja wrote:

then you're doing fine ;)
enjoying the game come first than everything

yeah its really fun to play :D and in future im going to pick up ever orb i see so no one laughs at me :p
"
t103Ninja wrote:

haha sorry... i still havnt figured out what orbs are for lol

Spoiler

You should always pick up those three orbs I linked. Higher level players late in the game usally skip this one
Spoiler

But as a fresh player with your first character you should be picking those as well. (you can sell them to NPC vendors and upgrade them to orbs of actual value/use)

All 4 of those gems were the types you left laying on the ground. It's ok not knowing their value or what they do since you're new.

Orbs are not only used to upgrade and modify gear you find, they are this games form of currency, as there is no 'gold' or other traditional currency item that drop from monsters.

If you'd like a nice visual representation of each orbs relative value to each other, check out this chart. Be advised though it's value ratio orb type A:B is not current to what the in game currency is valued by the players. It's simply a good visual hierarchy in descending order of top orbs. http://exilestats.com/ex/

You also want to be picking up all of these that drop
Spoiler

Wisdom scrolls are used to identify item types of magic/rare/unique that drop from monsters and portal scrolls are used to create an instant return to any point you're at, they are very useful in parties for your friend to be able to come right to where you are and they are nice to open in a new zone you haven't been in before (if you die you can easily return to the area without a long walk) and it's good to open a portal before any encounter with an act boss so you can return to the fight if you die.

Welcome to PoE, enjoy your stay in Wraeclast.
stop over moderating that makes the official forums useless

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info