Endless Ledge Event 72

So as you can see from the picture there are 3 discharge mobs all together in one pack, This is roughly the 3rd-4th pack in the 2nd zone,
Once i noticed this i backed up a bit but all 3 flickered me and then discharged resulting in a 1 shot i was level 6 or 7 with the best gear i could of picked up before i got there, mind you it was only whites but i was wondering if there is anything i could of done to not get dropped so quick?

I even got off a ground slam before they hit me but it missed, So all in all i guess i died to RNG? if so maybe that should be changed?

I got 1-shot from full life+es by a single white grappler with one power charge in a previous endless ledge event. My carcass was shocked for 10 seconds to boot.

Its likely that the damage for low level discharge is overtuned, as there were recent similar issues with low level exploding squids and bandits.

Anyway you can trigger the discharge then run out of range before it goes off, assuming no chill/chains/tar or fervor/haste etc.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Sep 18, 2013, 5:41:47 AM
They flickered too me and then discharged, I don't think i could of got out in time, Im probably wrong but that's just the way it felt.

Thanks for the tip ill definitely have to try it out, or just pray i don't get dischargers again.
That's endless ledge for you, where you either have a great time or feel like you woke up in the middle of a piss bukkake.
I find the mobs on the 2nd zone are the most impactful when you get a bad set. A lot of the late game creatures don't scale well to that level, especially when they have strong elemental attacks.

I've had Ice Harbingers with Necromancers on 2nd ledge in 3 out of 5 attempts and haven't beaten it yet. Not as big a fan of Endless Ledge as I expected I would be; largely because early RNG is too swingy.

GGG should tweak the level scaling of creatures from different acts to be more consistent.
EL is a pure randomness only with bad gems at the beginning and bosses as only constant factor.

Once you have higher spelllevel elemental damage mobs or a Resistcurse is involved enjoy rerolling if you desync/get shocked or frozen.

The main problem is that you don't get enough EQ from the starter chest.

You should get 2 Corals, so you don't die in 1-3 hits on lvl 4/6 areas.

EL is imo the worst mode so far. I prefer Descent, Latic and Blamt over this pure randomness mode, because I know what to expect.

Here you randomly get a zone almost impossible to skip and lose 10 min.
"
Hilbert wrote:

I think the answer is to balance low level monster skills. The problem isnt lack of corals, its lvl 4 white discharge monsters doing 200~ damage with a single frenzy charge.

And the self-found aspect is half the fun. Guaranteed gear, fixed seeds etc should remain exclusive to competitive modes (many of which could use improvement in that regard).

"
Hilbert wrote:

Hidden elemental weakness / coldsnap ambushers + double caster goats + triple elemental skeletons in the second zone = 15 minutes and 2 bails to clear. Good fun though, and theres only a handful of points for winning anyway, so a slow start or untimely death isnt exactly robbing us of demigods or top signature slots.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Sep 23, 2013, 4:20:36 AM
"
Hidden elemental weakness / coldsnap ambushers + double caster goats + triple elemental skeletons in the second zone = 15 minutes and 2 bails to clear. Good fun though, and theres only a handful of points for winning anyway, so a slow start or untimely death isnt exactly robbing us of demigods or top signature slots.

Yeah had such a level 10 area once and got killed almost instantly.

Frozen Shocked and hit again.
"
KoTao wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:

I think the answer is to balance low level monster skills. The problem isnt lack of corals, its lvl 4 white discharge monsters doing 200~ damage with a single frenzy charge.

And the self-found aspect is half the fun. Guaranteed gear, fixed seeds etc should remain exclusive to competitive modes (many of which could use improvement in that regard).

"
Hilbert wrote:

Not everyone is an expert. If you're spending 15 mins to clear the second zone with no race mods, just imagine how less skilled players are handling it.

It would feel alright if that's how hard it was with 2 race mods, but with 0? That's as easy as it'll ever be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info