Bug, poor coding, or intentional?

As it is, when you're using eldritch battery and switching shields, the converted energy shield that is added on top of your maximum mana is also subtracted from your current mana. What this means is when I switch shields, my mana drops to 0 instead of staying at 300, even if the shield I'm switching TO has more ES than the current one. This is making my hybrid melee/discharger partially useless because I have to wait a good 3 seconds to cast discharge on weapon swap, and upon swapping back I am unable to cast my 80 mana cost frenzy. Is this intentional, or can I look forward to a fix? I'd like to add that I really hope this isn't intentional, as it only serves to slow down gameplay and further limit builds(I imagine swapping with arctic armor is beyond annoying).
IGN - Wolens
or if on other account, IGN - Vissej
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
???
IGN - Wolens
Can't get any kind of reply?
IGN - Wolens
Hi,

I tried to reproduce this issue with the Eldritch Battery/Discharge character I saw with shield.

With less than full mana I don't go down to 0 on switch, can you confirm that you had that situation.

I did get some mana loss on each weapon switch. This is somewhat unavoidable, as there are recalculations each time the equipment is changed, and we err on downwards errors (it needs to be an integer, so there will always be rounding issues), to avoid rapid weapon switching being used abusively.

While weapon switching is part of the play, we don't expect it to be done so rapidly it would deplete all your mana in this situation.

If this does happen in a way I haven't described, could you please provide more information.

I have 1176 mana with 337 left after reservations. After swap, I have 958 max with 206 after reservations. If I don't reserve any mana, I don't lose every point of mana, I just lose every point of mana my shield gives me. I lose about 200 mana when I swap to my lower ES shield, and I lose about 400 when I swap to my higher. The problem is that losing this much mana completely depletes the pool I leave on reserve because when I swap, the first shield is unequipped which makes me lose every bit of mana it gives. That makes sense. The second one is then equipped in it's place, but the mana it adds only effects the maximum amount of mana, not the current amount, and my mana pool must refill itself from zero.
IGN - Wolens
I suppose my last comment was a bit convoluted and redundant. The gist of what I was trying to say is this; as long as the amount of mana you have on reserve is less than what your shield gives you, you will never have more than 0 mana on switch.
IGN - Wolens
Last edited by Caustic on Sep 22, 2013, 8:15:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info