[Updated 1.1.1] Dual Elemental Hit totems (Low-life/6 auras)[HC viable]

23/03/2014 Update(Patch 1.1.1)

- Added FAQ section in the bottom.
- Update the build.
After the nerf to Ranged Attack Totem in 1.1.0, and previously the nerf to Elemental hit (lowered the damage by around 30% which is like 4 levels lower, and increased the mana cost) in 1.0.0 patch, I think Crown of Eyes is a must to do high enough damage.

Here are 2 possible builds. The difference between them is only the Sovereignty cluster(top left). In build v2, we take the aura effect nodes instead of reduced reservation nodes, because the reduced aura reservation is enough to allow us run 3x 60% auras on life but it requires doing auras every time we switch zone. It's good in doing maps, because we don't switch zone too often.
So the auras would be: Wrath, Anger, Discipline, Vitality, Haste, Clarity.
How to do the auras
- zone in map
- Put on Malachai's Simula(the blood magic helm)
- do the 3 auras on life
- Put on Crown of eyes
- do the other auras on mana
when you switch zone, put on Malachai's before zoning, so the auras on life will stay, you just need to re-do the auras on mana.

31/12/2013 update

1.0.1 update

Discipline, Anger on life
Vitality Wrath Clarity on mana
658 out of 1382 mana left, with 185 mana regen/sec

1.0.0 update

With 41% reduced aura reservation, I can run two 60% auras on life.
On life: Discipline, Vitality
On Mana: Wrath, Anger, Clarity, (Purity)

Build strength
- With dual totems, the player don’t have to be in the front to take damage, and with high critical strike chance/elemental proliferation , elemental hit totems can freeze, burn and shock big packs even bosses.
- The player is immune to reflect because reflect damage is dealt to totems, so the player can stack critical strike chance and multiplier as high as possible.
- The player can run 6-7(5-6 after the aura change in 1.0.0) offensive/defensive auras flexibly according to different map mods.
- The low life attack speed bonus on blood rage gives huge boost on dps.
- Very fast map clear speed.
- Much more fun to play than dual spork :D

Build weakness
- Very very late game build
- Same as other low life builds, the player generally has less ES than a CI build.
- Very gear dependent, e.g. need high mana regen to sustain frenzy.
- Not efficient to level as dual elemental hit.(In my opinion, its better to level as other build and respec to dual elemental hit in late game.)

Bandits reward choices
Normal : Skill point
Cruel : Skill point or attack speed(help Kraityn)
Merciless: Power charge (help Alira)

Skill Gems and links
6-Link AOE:
Elemental Hit – Ranged attack totem – Weapon elemental Damage – Additional Accuracy – Chain – Elemental Proliferation
OR
Elemental Hit – Ranged attack totem – Weapon elemental Damage – Additional Accuracy – Lesser multiple projectiles – Elemental Proliferation

6-Link Single target:
Elemental Hit – Ranged attack totem – Weapon elemental Damage – Additional Accuracy – Faster attacks – Increased critical damage

To gain frenzy and power charges:
Frenzy – Additional accuracy – Greater Multiple Projectiles – Power charge on critical

Auras on life: Vitality – Discipline – Reduced Mana – Blood Magic

Auras on mana: Wrath, Anger, Clarity, (Purity), (Grace)

Other Skills:
Blood rage – Increased duration
Critical weakness
Enduring cry

Items
Wand : Weapon elemental damage%, Cold damage, Light damage, Critical strike chance, Critical strike multiplier, attack speed
Helmet: Crown of Eyes, or High ES, Resists, Accuracy
Shield: High ES, Resists, Mana/Mana regen
Chest: Shavronne’s Wrappings (For CI version, high ES, resists, mana)
Belt: Weapon elemental damage%, ES, Resists, Strength , Armor
Gloves: Maligaro’s Virtuosity or Thunderfist or rare ES gloves with attack speed and elemental damage
Boots: Rainbowstride or rare ES boots with ES, mana, resists, movement speed
Rings : The Taming, Weapon elemental damage%, Mana, Mana regen, resists, ES, attack speed, Dream fragments, Shavronne's Revelation
Amulet: Critical strike multiplier, Weapon elemental damage%, mana, mana regen, ES, cast speed, ES%, flat ES, resists
Flasks: Panicked mana flask, Surgeon’s Quicksilver and Granite flasks

Leveling
Play as templar or witch, and leveling to dual spork or EB elemental wander in my opinion is efficient, then the player can do maps to level up and accumulate gear. Transition to dual elemental hit totems around level 85, CI or low life, depending on gear.

Play style
Activate Blood rage, put totems down and attack monsters with Frenzy to gain frenzy charges and power charges. When totems kill a monster, blood rage duration can’t be refreshed, so the player should keep an eye on the blood rage status timer to the top left of the screen to refresh blood rage on time.
For high HP bosses, the player can switch Chain to Faster attacks and Elemental Proliferation to Increased Critical Damage.

Dealing with some map mods
Elemental weakness: I drop Wrath and put on Purity instead, as I’m not 44+ over cap on all resistances.
Half regen: Take 1 more mana flask and it should be fine.
Blood magic: Cannot do blood magic maps
No regen: I run Purity and Anger on life, and Discipline and Wrath on mana. Take 3 mana flasks, 1 Quicksilver and 1 Granite. Put on Shavronne’s Revelation ring on the right ring slot to get the ES regen.
Elemental reflect: Switch WED to Life leech can make totems last longer

Current gear

Failed eternal/exalting :P

Current Stats
AOE with blood rage on

AOE with full charges and blood rage on

Single target with blood rage on

Single target with full charges and blood rage on

Frequent Asked Questions

1. Why low-life? Life based build possible?
Low-life means more auras, huge bonus attack speed (54%) from blood rage, 30% more attack damage when taking the keystone Pain Attunement with Crown of Eyes.
Life based build is possible, but the damage will be way too low comparing with low-life build. I'd rather play a elemental power siphon build if playing life based.

2. Why Additional Accuracy gem? 5 off-color is so hard to get.
This build is a crit based totem build, we rely on high chance of crit to do high damage.
The mechanic is: for a crit hit to land on a target, the hit chance is rolled twice.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
If an attack would crit you, evasion is tested a second time, and if you evade, the hit is downgraded to a non-crit (it does not miss, since it's already tested for that and hit)...

So the actual crit chance = displayed crit chance x chance to hit%
I suggest to get 1600+ accuracy rating when doing high maps.
About chroming shavs, 5 off-color is around 2k chroms. I got the right colors in 1100 chroms, during that I had another 5 off-color but not the right ones.

3. Chain vs. LMP
I feel chain is more consistent with ele prolif. It's easier to triple shock stack packs.
On the other hand, quality LMP is pretty sweet, because it buffs the speed of placing totem and the attack speed of totem. And also LMP does more damage per hit than the chain setup.

IGN:
mxwBeyondGamecrash - Beyond
letsThrowSomethingElse / RedshirtThreeSixty - Nemesis
MXW_CIPW - Onslaught Lv92 Witch - Low life Dual Elemental Hit totems
Last edited by machine5 on Mar 22, 2014, 3:59:59 PM
Spoiler
reserve :)
IGN:
Are you WillyWonka? Otherwise, a credit should be included :)
yeah it's Willy Wonka build.

I adapted it slightly personnaly to have

Elemental Hit – Ranged attack totem – Weapon elemental Damage – Increase Critical Damage – Lesser multiple projectiles – Elemental Proliferation

interest is about having only 4 off colors on Shav and I need to only switch one gem for boss ( well , usually I dont switch any, LMP do the job )

my setup/gear :

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/524943/page/1#p4697907
IGN TylordRampage
It's not willy wonkas build. Willy just made it popular and perfected it. Just check youtube, many people did a ele hit totem build. (Kripp didnt made FP build either - same shit)

@Malone Willy said its possible to use crit dmg over accuracy if you have the accuracy on gear/tree. Only because your epen dps goes up with critdmg doesnt mean its better.
Your gem setup is the same as Zymira uses it, probably the most known HC ele hit totem user.

"only have to switch" - that sounds like it takes ages to do that, even tho it does take about 2 secs - so not really a advantage.
TOILETTE  BRUSH  BOYS

@Etti
initially , as I said, it's to avoid to spend shitload of chromatics to have the right 5 offcolors on chest. This beeing said, not sure that I would move to accuracy support rather than crit dmg if I had today the choice. I think that main interest of accuracy is not accuracy itself but crit chance ( thx to 20 % quality ), because it's quite easy to get accuracy on gear, which is not the case for crit chance... Anyway there aren't much other stats you need ( mana ? ).
Biggest drawback of Crit Dmg vs Accuracy is maybe mana cost, it means that using Chain may be problematic, so LMP become best choice.

About the switch, I am too lazy to do it anyway, LMP does the job already. I only switch LMP with faster attack for very hard hitter boss.

Compare to Willywonka, I take more frenzy charge ( interest is to increase even more dps , and also, to drop totems faster ). But I dont play hardcore.

About my e-peen dps, dps displayed full charge is 11k ( with LMP ). So it's around 20 or 25k dps per totem taking into account Elemental Hit.
This build is so OP that you are regulary kicked from groups because MF'er can't do the job. You have to often play without blood rage and without charge to be accepted in MF groups. To be more accurate, that's not the build which is OP, just the mechanics allowed by the specific gear.

Maybe something interesting to add, you can adapt the gear quite easily to become a solo decent MF'er, with really crap gear I have 280 IIR / 80 IIQ and my cleaning speed remain decent.
You can hardly MF in group though, because you don't cull.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Sep 20, 2013, 2:39:06 PM
"
Malone wrote:
initially , as I said, it's to avoid to spend shitload of chromatics to have the right 5 offcolors on chest. This beeing said, not sure that I would move to accuracy support rather than crit dmg if I had today the choice. I think that main interest of accuracy is not accuracy itself but crit chance ( thx to 20 % quality ), because it's quite easy to get accuracy on gear, which is not the case for crit chance... Anyway there aren't much other stats you need ( mana ? ).
Biggest drawback of Crit Dmg vs Accuracy is maybe mana cost, it means that using Chain may be problematic, so LMP become best choice.

Your set up with LMP - Crit dmg can be a good choice if you can take a lose on accuracy and have trouble rolling colors.
Also quality LMP can increase totem cast speed which is a nice bonus :)
IGN:
Casting totem is indeed very slow by default, that's why I really appreciate 5 frenzy+LMP quality to make it faster.. At the end , it adds more cleaning speed and also more survability.
But I understand that in HC/ONS, it's better to stack more ES.
IGN TylordRampage
I'm curious, with the Chaos damage you have on your gear is the ES regen from ZO sufficient to sustain Blood Rage indefinitely?
The Taming is great for this build
merp merp
Last edited by Navac on Nov 15, 2013, 2:39:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info