Multiplayer Question

I assume this game will support online/multiplayer, but how serious will GGG take cheating? Diablo 2 survived a long time without heavy anti-cheat mechanisms, but Maphack and several D2JSP spin-offs were ever present and absolutely killed the gameplay outside of private games. The only thing keeping me remotely interested in Diablo 3 is Blizzards vested interested in a clean/fair online experience. Will GGG exhaust the same resources to craft such an atmosphere, or will it be a client-side loaderfest that will simply exacerbate the problem? Thanks for any input!
Blah
We'll see after it's done. I doubt GGG will talk about anything prior to release since cheaters will then know how to work their way in :D
I was just looking for a nudge, say, "We will be adamantly pursuing those who think they can cheat their way to being a hero" or some such. Vague, but poignant.
Blah
Id say that its in GGG's interest to keep botters off the servers:

1) GGG wont want a reputation as a botters haven it'd stop new people trying the game and see old give up in frustration.

2) The servers cost money to run and bot infestations will eat up alot of resources for no return.

Also POE is an always online game with the ability to be hot patched so I'd not expect hackers to have an easy ride tbh.
I wouldn't be here but I was out voted 3 to 1 by the other personalities.
From the PvP Dev Diary.

"
Chris wrote:
Equally important to us is the concept of a fair playing field for PvP. We are going to expend substantial resources policing the use of exploits and third party tools that may yield an advantage in PvP. The integrity of our game is crucial to the health of the PvP metagame, so we will try hard to ensure that this is not violated. This is yet another reason why our business model is the sale of “ethical microtransactions”, rather than items that could yield an advantage in PvP.
Forum Sheriff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info