makes races no reset on zones

seems these 1 hour races are just farm the easiest zone for the last 20 min

make people progress with no resetting of zones, would make for some better competition :D
You saw what happened in Descent when zones could not be reset. The whole race revolved around getting good RNG on pack density. If you didn't you were fucked. A good farming zone is one that can be farmed efficiently by skilled players and inn efficiently by unskilled players. Sins is the perfect fit for this, and it increases competition, not decrease.
IGN: Hybris_the_StormHerald - Nemesis
Season 3 - #3 Marauder - #15 overall points
Season 4 - #2 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #9 overall points
Season 5 - #1 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #20 overall points
Hey man I also watched some races today for the 4 events. To see some good racing for top players like you. All I saw was leap slamming farm cleaving sins one :D

you have to admit that was kinda GG for the 4 races right

edit also they can make the same map mod like before same maps same monsters in each

just make it different every race of course it would be rng on which way you went, but also progress to next area act 2 and such or course would be better for longer races

there is no win win here, I like solo races a lot, I do pretty decent for just getting points myself and never even tried a duelist and I know cleave is so op, when I did the allocting points I made 5 of each class cleave to 20 in under an hour over and over
Last edited by cavespro on Sep 14, 2013, 9:44:06 PM
Races with a time attack format where the win condition is fastest time to reach a2/a3/cruel would be great. No worries about being a bit underleveled due to sparse zones if your level ultimately doesnt matter.

Races with the standard top xp format and no zone resets, not so much. As mentioned above, results end up based mostly on pack/blue density rng and if you end up underleveled early on (often through no fault of your own) you generally just lose since the way the xp penalty works means you fall further and further behind the curve as the race progresses.
IGN: KoTao
Or getting points based on your progression. Extra points for reaching progress points / killing bosses first (class first) as suggested in http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/518156.

Or a combination. Just something where total XP was not the main goal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info