Probably taking a break from PoE

This is not a QQ/Hate/complaint thread.
I've just hit a gear wall on my character, cant seem to find anything better and im stuck getting destroyed by shock mobs in a2 merc. As much as I would like to keep playing by rolling another character it just feels kind of pointless with Anarchy coming to an end in a couple weeks.

Looking for suggestions on a cool game to play, preferably f2p.
Might just go back to d2 for a bit, but im curious if anyone knows of any other good free games around. Interested in MMOs, ARPGs and FPS'.
Last edited by Esoteric187 on Sep 11, 2013, 5:40:40 PM
I feel ya on that...I just pretty much hit that wall today. Have many builds I want to try but with the end of anarchy I find it pointless. With my new job and lady friend it has been hard to keep up with the game. Been playing since open beta started and finally am bored with the game. Anarchy really needs to end soon!

As for suggestions on games...I have been dabbling in Skyrim for the last few days making an assasin/rogue type class with maces.

Been thinking about downloading diablo 2 myself to play some mods. You could always try Neverwinter if you like mmo's...Torchlight 2 is a fun ARPG. And if you like to play FPS against other player you can try Team Fortress 2...its free to play.
I'm on the other end of the spectrum: just found out about PoE, I'm really excited about it.

As for suggestions:

Torchlight 2, Shadowrun Returns and Dark Souls (it's on PC now!). These are all paid, but games I definetely recommend.

League of Legends (if you like MOBA) is free and really good. Been playing for more than a year, and despite my past hatred for PVP, I like it in LoL. You can find all kinds of F2P RPG games on Steam, just find one that suits your tastes.

I'd also recommend any games from Paradox Interactive. I've been a long time fan and for strategy and history buffs (or historians, like me) it can't get better. But I warn you, their games are REALLY hard. I mean, harder than anything you ever played before, hands down. Recently they released Europa Universalis IV and it's awesome. Although, I recommend you start with Crusader Kings II, that was released last year, as it has a smaller learning curve.

Anyway, hope to meet you again when the game gets released!
See ya at release.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Morwys wrote:
I'm on the other end of the spectrum: just found out about PoE, I'm really excited about it.

As for suggestions:

Torchlight 2, Shadowrun Returns and Dark Souls (it's on PC now!). These are all paid, but games I definetely recommend.

League of Legends (if you like MOBA) is free and really good. Been playing for more than a year, and despite my past hatred for PVP, I like it in LoL. You can find all kinds of F2P RPG games on Steam, just find one that suits your tastes.

I'd also recommend any games from Paradox Interactive. I've been a long time fan and for strategy and history buffs (or historians, like me) it can't get better. But I warn you, their games are REALLY hard. I mean, harder than anything you ever played before, hands down. Recently they released Europa Universalis IV and it's awesome. Although, I recommend you start with Crusader Kings II, that was released last year, as it has a smaller learning curve.

Anyway, hope to meet you again when the game gets released!

Welcome to PoE. Don't take what I said wrong in any way, PoE is awesome I'm just kind of stuck right now. I'd love to go rip some d2 like the good old days but I know at the same time any currency I make playing on Anarchy now can eventually be traded to other leagues when it gets transferred to standard. PoE > D2 for sure. D2 just always has a way of calling me back to it. Old habits die hard, or just never die lol.

"
Grimzz wrote:
I feel ya on that...I just pretty much hit that wall today. Have many builds I want to try but with the end of anarchy I find it pointless. With my new job and lady friend it has been hard to keep up with the game. Been playing since open beta started and finally am bored with the game. Anarchy really needs to end soon!

As for suggestions on games...I have been dabbling in Skyrim for the last few days making an assasin/rogue type class with maces.

Been thinking about downloading diablo 2 myself to play some mods. You could always try Neverwinter if you like mmo's...Torchlight 2 is a fun ARPG. And if you like to play FPS against other player you can try Team Fortress 2...its free to play.

Well I've tried both of those games, problem is I'm very very picky with video games. Torchlight 2 was awesome for gameplay but had no depth. Neverwinter I couldnt play for more than an hour. I know an hour isnt enough time to judge a game but I just knew it wasnt for me. Im still torn between d2 and PoE, d2 is calling me back but at the same time PoE is a blast. I know im just one guy but its seriously hard for me to get hooked on a game, GGG deserves some serious credit for making such a fun game.... still in beta too.

And yes I will be back for the reset and/or full release, for sure. That's if I even decide to stop playing lol. Frustration is kicking in because I cant make up my mindddddd
I went away from the game for several months. Played Skyrim instead. I am now ready to start playing again.

See ya around, but remember, you don't have to give up the community.
"
Moonyu wrote:
I went away from the game for several months. Played Skyrim instead. I am now ready to start playing again.

See ya around, but remember, you don't have to give up the community.

That's actually a big part of what makes PoE so fun for me. I always find my self chatting in global while I play or sometimes I even stop for over an hour just to chat with people. Global 2 Anarchy always has some good convo's going on lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info