[1.0.3] Vaine's Blood Magic & Critical Frenzy/LA Build

A nice and balanced build featuring a healthy pool of life - around 4-5k depending on gear, focusing on crit to obtain high dps, now updated for release version changes.

Current Tree(84):

Projectile damage and crit nodes are your best friends on this build. This is because crit scales extremely well late game, and your damage type will be mixed, making projectile damage nodes more effective than pure physical or elemental damage nodes.

During early leveling it might be better to pick up damage nodes instead of crit nodes, then respec into crit late game using orbs of regret. This because crit is most effective when you have a reasonably high chance to crit.

There are two ways to work with blood magic. One way is getting the passive, which you will want to get as soon as your health pool can sustain it, typically around level 40-50 with atleast 2k life. If you go for the passive node, I would recommend not using any auras, because it wouldn't be worth the life cost. This means that your solo dps wont be that great (but decent enough) but your party dps will be very good.

The other way is to use blood magic gems on all your active skills. This allows you to use atleast 2 auras on mana with a reduced mana gem, substantially boosting your solo dps, despite spending that red socket on something other than WED. It also frees up all those passives to be used on more damage / crit nodes.

Bandit Rewards:
40 hp, 18% phys dmg, frenzy charge.

My Gear:
Spoiler

As you can see I went with using BM gems, as I tend to play more solo. Get as much crit and life on gear as possible. Life flasks with instant recovery are a must for sticky situations, and pop a diamond flask for bosses and watch them just melt.

Link Frenzy with life leech for survivability and Blood Magic, then add as much damage as your links allow. I went for WED and Faster attacks on a 5link. LA gets the conventional Blood Magic-Chain-LMP-Life on Hit
4,3k dps on LA with Chain and LMP, 30k on Frenzy (with current gear), this with 6 frenzy charges, Wrath/Anger and 5-linked skills. 4,9k HP.

Additional skills I use are Enfeeble / Critical Weakness curse linked with increased AOE, skeleton totem with blind on attack for vastly better survivability against bosses, and Lightning Warp - Because its awesome and cool.

I'd like to add that this build works with more than just Lightning Arrow. Want to use Ice Shot? Spec into Piercing and switch Enfeeble out with Projectile Weakness curse and switch chain with faster attacks. Boom, there you have a very good piercing ice shot build that I actually used myself before switching to LA. :)

If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM or contact me ingame!

IGN: Rhudae
IGN: vaiNe_
Last edited by vaiNe_ on Dec 13, 2013, 3:59:45 PM
Updated.
updated.
Hi thanks for your build.
Can you post please the gems what you use.

Thanks.
If you hover your mouse over the gear, you should be able to see the links and gems I use. :)
I can not see all the Gems with over the mouse on this picture thats my problem.
How many Life does Wrath reserve?
IGN: Javana
Lightning Arrow - Chain - Lesser Multiple Projectiles - Life Gain on Hit - Weapon Elemental Damage

Frenzy - Faster Attacks - Added Fire Damage - Weapon Elemental Damage - Life Leech

Anger - Wrath - Grace - Reduced Mana (only running wrath)

Enfeeble curse linked with increased area of effect.

"
Orlog wrote:
How many Life does Wrath reserve?

1198 life, 31% of my maximum. :)
Last edited by vaiNe_ on Oct 23, 2013, 3:32:40 PM
"
vaiNe_ wrote:

It is very bad.. I spend 1500 life per aura...
IGN: Javana
"
Orlog wrote:
"
vaiNe_ wrote:

It is very bad.. I spend 1500 life per aura...

Yes, but then again, with the buffs to life in general, I ended up with 800 more HP with the patch, and the new wrath gives almost as much damage as the old anger+wrath combined. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info